Beauty From The Black Lagoon

Started by Universal Steve, October 19, 2008, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

Finished another model and this one was kinda a tough one for me. I usually do monsters and when my wife got me this model of Julie Adams I read a couple of issues of Amazing Figure Modeler 3 to 4 times to get it right. I did my best. It is not quite up to the books standards but I gave it a shot. I do like it and I am going to display it next to my Billiken Creature since they are both the same scale. I made the base from scratch with Sculpy and artificial water. What do you think?

Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Scary Terry

Pretty nice job, Steve.  The only suggestion I'd make is to go back in and make the irises of the eyes bigger.  That'll make her look a little more life-like. 
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Universal Steve

Thanks for the suggestion, Terry. I think that is a good idea but my problem is I am waiting for new glasses. My eyes have gotten worse. I'm afraid I have been reduced to doing eyes with a Sharpie rather than a paintbrush. I don't think I could see well enough right now to adjust the eyes but I appreciate the idea.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

avenger

She looks great ,Steve ! Good Job !

Wolf Man

Wow, that is pretty awesome.  Julia Adams was one of my first TV crushes as a young hormone raging boy. 
Even a man who is pure at heart......