Aurora cutout hang-ups

Started by ChrisW, June 29, 2008, 08:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmofmpls

I know reproductions are a volatile topic right now at these boards, but I know I'd love to have a repro Aurora mobile. Go ahead .. start throwing rocks, but those are very cool. And I know the chances of finding a complete original mobile are probably next to none without refinancing the castle.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Gasport

DITTO! PLEASE, somebody out there produce an affordable copy of this terrific mobile!!

raycastile

Since they are the same images as the box art, wouldn't it be pretty easy?
Raymond Castile

GaryP11111

How weird to find this topic...  I'll have repros of the Aurora monster mobiles for this year's ODCH at WonderFest.  BTW, there was a mobile for the Hawks Weird-Ohs line of kits, too.

fmofmpls

Quote from: GaryP11111 on July 02, 2008, 06:55:09 PM
How weird to find this topic...  I'll have repros of the Aurora monster mobiles for this year's ODCH at WonderFest. 

Okay Gary, I'm salivating all over my keyboard. Looking forward to seeing both you and your Aurora monster mobiles in the next couple weeks!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

CreepyJeff

That makes two of us.  Rabid, even!! 

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

poseablemonster

It looks like I will be able to attend Wonderfest after all...I MUST HAVE A MOBILE!!!! ;D

Getter_1

I'd love to get reproductions too!! 

If anybody wants to have them made, I work in creative services and have access to a GREAT color copier.

Although trimming these out would be a pain in the butt.

HARRY HAMMOCK

Can I come to the ODCH at WF?Where will it be?I went to the one at Monster Bash 06,but never at WF.

GaryP11111

I think I need to clarify a bit.  The mobiles would have been part of the room decoration.  Looking at my post I can see how some folks might have come to the conclusion that the mobiles might be for sale or something.

Unfortunately, I received word yesterday that the suites that we use for the ODCH will not be available due to the renovations at the hotel.  The suites just won't be ready in time.  There is a theme for every ODCH and the stuff that is made for the room is specifically designed for the dimensions and the layout of the room.  That means everything that was built, made and planned for this year will be on hold and will debut next year when everything gets back to normal at the hotel.  It also gives us an extra ten months to do an even better ODCH.  Bottom line is the mobiles won't be in this year's room after all.

The problem was unforeseen and the hotel staff is wonderful and they're trying their best to work something out for us that will still allow us to have an ODCH.  It might not be quite as large, and we won't go with the theme as originally planned, but we'll still have an ODCH at this year's Wonderfest.  That said, I won't know the particulars for a little while longer.

Back to the mobiles... They're simply recreations using the boxtop cover art based on what we know about the surviving mobiles. 

The Drunken Severed Head

Quote from: Monster Bob on June 30, 2008, 09:09:51 PM
They are off of an Aurora mobile, which is why there are holes in their heads.

Then I must be off an Aurora mobile!