What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 24, 2012, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

My ears have been enjoying the gift known as The Cramps for the past couple of days.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on August 22, 2019, 02:20:16 PM
My ears have been enjoying the gift known as The Cramps for the past couple of days.

Aren't the CRAMPS the best? I have most of their LPs.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Jefferson Airplane - Crown of Creation (album)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wicked Lester

Mord

13th Floor Elevators. - Easter Everywhere

Found this record in my girlfriend's old vinyl collection. I looks pretty damn near mint. Even though it is in excellent shape, there is surface noise throughout. It was put out by a small, Texas indie company. At least no skips and overall super nice

tomdidntwait

Uncle Acid - Melody Lane.
I saw the (official) music video somewhere once and got hooked. 

There'll be food and drink and ghosts, and perhaps even a few murders.

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 22, 2019, 02:52:44 PM
Aren't the CRAMPS the best? I have most of their LPs.

Absolutely. Their music works for so many things. Driving, cleaning house, annoying your stuffy neighbors, etc.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on August 23, 2019, 08:49:16 AM
Absolutely. Their music works for so many things. Driving, cleaning house, annoying your stuffy neighbors, etc.

🤡🤘

geezer butler

Watching (and listening to) Jesus Piece live set from 2018. These guys are so pissed. The crowd is lit. I think you'll like this Mars. Very cool to see such a multicultural audience. You'll even see a few ladies throw down in the pit. Back when I used to go to these kinds of shows it was mostly white dudes. So I'm happy to see such diversity at hardcore shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUjZQlt7r30

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on August 31, 2019, 04:51:01 PM
Watching (and listening to) Jesus Piece live set from 2018. These guys are so pissed. The crowd is lit. I think you'll like this Mars. Very cool to see such a multicultural audience. You'll even see a few ladies throw down in the pit. Back when I used to go to these kinds of shows it was mostly white dudes. So I'm happy to see such diversity at hardcore shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUjZQlt7r30

Holy, f***!!! Bad ass! American Hardcore at its finest.

Mord

The Stooges - Funhouse (1970) -  It's almost half a century since this classic was unleashed on an unsuspecting music world. I still have trouble finding 40 minutes of noise this satisfying. Most others are posers.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 03, 2019, 03:22:02 PM
The Stooges - Funhouse (1970) -  It's almost half a century since this classic was unleashed on an unsuspecting music world. I still have trouble finding 40 minutes of noise this satisfying. Most others are posers.

geezer butler

Some sad/chill selections:

Chelsea Wolfe: Flatlands
The Smiths: Asleep
Angelo Badalamenti: Laura Palmer's Theme
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis: The Road
Silver Mt. Zion: 13 Angels Standing Guard

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on September 03, 2019, 06:03:56 PM
Some sad/chill selections:

Chelsea Wolfe: Flatlands
The Smiths: Asleep
Angelo Badalamenti: Laura Palmer's Theme
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis: The Road
Silver Mt. Zion: 13 Angels Standing Guard

Great stuff. Perfect for "when a certain mood moves in" (to quote Mr. Cave).