The Frankenstones : a combination of The Addams Family and The Munsters

Started by monsterbride85, March 07, 2015, 04:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monsterbride85

:)  Hi I use to watch The Flintstones in syndication growing up ( I will be 30 in June) , mostly the original tv series and the tv movies that came out in the late 80s and early 90s and other spin off's like The Flinstone kids. However there were other spin off shows I didn't know existed with The Flintstones like the Pebbles and Bamm Bamm show and many others including the one I am about to talk about , The Flintstone Comedy Show ( The Flintstone Funnies). This show was on before I was born . The only place I could see these shows were on cable ( unfortunately growing up my family did not have cable television or a satellite dish) the only places I could watch cable television was either at my cousin's house , a daycare/nightcare sitters house and when we had a vacation in another county, like San Diego or Santa Barbara , we stayed in motels that had cable.

Anyway the main focus of this topic is The Frankenstones . When I saw them I actually liked them . Around this time I was watching both The Addams Family and The Munsters and I did think to myself "The Frankenstones are almost similar to The Munsters ". Although I never though about them being based on The Addams Family as well. As time went on I didn't think about The Frankstones until maybe about 7 years ago . I looked up some of their episodes on Youtube and it brought back memories. Then I looked up their bio on Wikipedia and I found out there was more than one version of this family ( though technically the same family with either a different name or slightly different look but still the same family ) . The three times this family would appear were: Fred and Barney Meet the Frankenstones" of The New Fred and Barney Show, 1980 television special The Flintstones' New Neighbors and of course The Flintstone comedy show.

I would like to know were these your favorite characters or were they not your favorite characters? Were they great spoofs of both The Addams Family and The Munsters? Should they have had their own spin off show ? Please let me know I would love to hear your opinion. Thank You. Hope you can see the picture. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/The_Frankenstones.png

LundyAfterMidnight

I think they're great! I also love the Gruesomes & Mr. & Mrs. J. Evil Scientist from Snooper & Blabber!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Haunted hearse

I was partial to the Gruesomes, but the Frankenstones were a fun family.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Therin of Andor

Weirdly and Creepella Gruesome were also uncannily similar to comedy/singing duo, Sonny & Cher!

Flintstones by Ian McLean, on Flickr

And here is the weird story of how I located this annual!
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com.au/2007/05/coincidence-files-well-what-coincidence.html

Latr, I found glow-in-the-dark toy versions of Weirdly and Gobby:

The Flintstones meet the Gruesomes by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.