Diamond Select Universal Monsters Wave 3 Pictures!

Started by Universal_Adam, December 03, 2011, 09:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werewolfwoman

Quote from: Mord on December 20, 2011, 10:18:49 PM
I don't think that they would do a mainstream figure based on a lost film no one has seen. It would be nice, though.
wasn't mark of the vampire a remake for London after midnight?
i was wondering how mainstream are monster toys? i might be wrong but it seems like horror fans are kind of a cult or small demographic compared to like the very mainstream comic book movie figures?  I think if it is smaller and considered a cult fan item, then they should take risks with creating more dynamic and different monster figures for their audience.
even a woman who is pure of heart....well you know the rest..
http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com

aura of foreboding

Yes, Mark of the Vampire was a remake of the earlier film, but there were some changes to the plot. 

Mord

I think the closest we will ever get on the more obscure characters is the Sideshow 8" and 12" lines. They really catered to us classic horror geeks. Who else would do beautiful figures of lesser known characters like Murder Legendre, Fritz, Renfield, Bela the Gypsy, Werewolf of London etc.? They didn't sell well enough to continue, but it was great while it lasted. The original artists at Sideshow were knowledgeable Universal fans to begin with. The people at DST are not as committed. If their series three figures don't do that well there may not be a series four.

Creature Features

Quote from: Mord on December 22, 2011, 12:22:50 PM
I think the closest we will ever get on the more obscure characters is the Sideshow 8" and 12" lines. They really catered to us classic horror geeks. Who else would do beautiful figures of lesser known characters like Murder Legendre, Fritz, Renfield, Bela the Gypsy, Werewolf of London etc.? They didn't sell well enough to continue, but it was great while it lasted. The original artists at Sideshow were knowledgeable Universal fans to begin with. The people at DST are not as committed. If their series three figures don't do that well there may not be a series four.

Any word on how the first two waves sold?
"It's Alive...oh, It's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!"

Mord

They seemed to do very well. The Toys'R'Us versions are always sold out with sellers asking high prices on E-Bay. The comic shops in my area have said that they are selling better than Star Wars figures and are also always sold out. The Mego-style figures don't do quite as well, while the Mini-mates just collect dust. The only problem with series Three is that they have run out of the popular characters. They are set to be the best looking figures in the line, but that doesn't always guarantee sales. I do wish them luck.

Trap-Door Maker

Interesting that of all the current Universal Monsters stuff currently in stores, the items with the most-authentic actor likenesses (Dracula aside) are the ones selling.

Mord

I think that a good share of the buyers are actually fans and prefer the actor likenesses. Interestingly enough, the nearest T'R'U still has the gereric Dracula collecting dust on the shelf (same holds true for my local comic shop).

Monsters For Sale

I'm anxious to get my Interociter.

When are these things scheduled to be released?

ADAM

davidm

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on December 29, 2011, 03:22:35 AM
I'm anxious to get my Interociter.

When are these things scheduled to be released?

Good question. We need a date and/or anxiety pills. :)  At least DST is thinking about COOL figures. I will go back to waiting patiently (with my pills). :)

Mord

I believe they start hitting the shelves late Septemper/early October. Can't wait!

Monsters For Sale

"Septemper"?  It's not even Januraury yet!

That's nine or ten more monthus!

ARRRRGH!!!
ADAM

Mord

Moonshadow

At least they're coming out before Distemper. That would be a whole yar away.

Fester

Dang!

I was hoping for a Maypril release.  I can't wait till Septemper.  My supply of chill pills won't last that long.

Universal_Adam

According to DST these figures will be released in September.  Also, there may be a sneak peek available at wave 5 in February during a convention..I forget which one, but they mentioned that they will have more info in February at the convention.
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage