Tree Sandwich

Started by monsterswin, September 28, 2021, 12:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

People usually don't respond well to snark. The system for posting pictures here sucks. Not everyone is going to bother. He explained. I wouldn't expect anything else. :angel:

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 02, 2021, 03:56:48 PM
People usually don't respond well to snark. The system for posting pictures here sucks. Not everyone is going to bother. He explained. I wouldn't expect anything else. :angel:

👀
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 02, 2021, 03:56:48 PMPeople usually don't respond well to snark.... Not everyone is going to bother. He explained. I wouldn't expect anything else.

By the same token can you expect me not to get exasperated with people who are unwilling to put in any effort after I've tried to help?

:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Hepcat on November 02, 2021, 05:43:15 PM
By the same token can you expect me not to get exasperated with people who are unwilling to put in any effort after I've tried to help?

:(

I guess. Not everyone lives, eats, and breathes classic monsters like some/most of us here do. It's easy to get fed up, just shrug it off and leave. If someone were considering trying to navigate it, but is met with snark, they could become even less inclined to try.

If there was a drag and drop for photos, a lot of people who have left would've continued contributing. I am sure the mods are aware of this given how many times Mike alone has tried to navigate folks through the process.  The recipe is unnecessarily complicated for some. When the hosting sites decided to start charging, we lost a lot of content here. All due to the lack of a simpler system. Drag and drop, which is used on Sideshow Freaks and others, allows for greater interaction through ease of use.

He tried to share...contributing to the site. It didn't work out. He doesn't like using a host service, and I can't say I blame him given the fact he had all his photos (like many others) essentially held for ransom from Photobucket.

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 03, 2021, 12:12:48 AMIf there was a drag and drop for photos, a lot of people who have left would've continued contributing. I am sure the mods are aware of this given how many times Mike alone has tried to navigate folks through the process.  The recipe is unnecessarily complicated for some. When the hosting sites decided to start charging, we lost a lot of content here. All due to the lack of a simpler system. Drag and drop, which is used on Sideshow Freaks and others, allows for greater interaction through ease of use.

"Dragging and dropping" skills I completely lack. But I'm very capable of working with Attachments. Is what you're calling "Drag and Drop" therefore the same thing as "Manage Attachments/Attach Files" on other discussion forums? Because there's a very real cost to a forum to enabling the attachment of pictures. It requires picture hosting capability which uses bandwidth and is thus expensive.

???

Anton Phibes

I can literally drag whatever is laying on my desktop and throw it in the thread at SSC. Thats "drag and rop".

Hepcat

Other than lacking the manual dexterity and patience to attempt such a thing myself, that clearly requires UMA to have, and thus finance, picture hosting capability. There's a significant cost associated with such. That's the reason why the UMA opted not to offer that capability. In other words, who's going to foot the bill? With the exception of Mike Scott, the founders of this forum haven't even bothered to come around here for years.

???

monsterswin

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 03, 2021, 12:12:48 AM
I guess. Not everyone lives, eats, and breathes classic monsters like some/most of us here do. It's easy to get fed up, just shrug it off and leave. If someone were considering trying to navigate it, but is met with snark, they could become even less inclined to try.

If there was a drag and drop for photos, a lot of people who have left would've continued contributing. I am sure the mods are aware of this given how many times Mike alone has tried to navigate folks through the process.  The recipe is unnecessarily complicated for some. When the hosting sites decided to start charging, we lost a lot of content here. All due to the lack of a simpler system. Drag and drop, which is used on Sideshow Freaks and others, allows for greater interaction through ease of use.

He tried to share...contributing to the site. It didn't work out. He doesn't like using a host service, and I can't say I blame him given the fact he had all his photos (like many others) essentially held for ransom from Photobucket.

Yeah pretty much. I won't be using any hosting services except Google photos and of course my own personal hard drive storage. As far as I can see there is no other way to post photos here.

Robert T.
Monsters are strong and powerful so that's why I work out!