When Horror Imitates Life

Started by Monsters For Sale, January 01, 2020, 05:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Remember The Outer Limits presented "Cry of Silence"?

https://tinyurl.com/tbzf9ws

I wonder if any of these drivers were ever unnerved by that episode?
ADAM

Mord

I remember that episode vividly. That's when the budget got cut, and they had to be extra creative with their monsters. That would be the very first thing I would think of, if I were there. Now, I've got to cue up that episode on my player.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on January 01, 2020, 06:15:29 PM
I remember that episode vividly. That's when the budget got cut, and they had to be extra creative with their monsters. That would be the very first thing I would think of, if I were there. Now, I've got to cue up that episode on my player.

I was thinking the same thing.

When I was a kid, I lived on a street that had been cut in half by the brand new Santa Ana Freeway on the South.  The Northern end butted against the Imperial Highway and a large hay field.  In October, long after the hay had been harvested, the Santa Ana winds would blow dust north to south and bring tumbleweeds rolling down our sidewalk-less street - where they would pile up against the raised freeway.

In the 50's it was like being in every kids' favorite TV western shows.  Some people would stack them and paint them white - instant snowmen.

I loved those weeds.  They made the best bonfires!
ADAM

Mord

My dad lived in the desert (Apple Valley). Every time we drove up the 15 on a windy day, I would think of this episode. As kids, my brother and I would use tumbleweeds as monsters when we played.

Haunted hearse

"Tumbleweeds" is a common name for "Russian Thistle", so it may be a communist plot! :P
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?