The Great Garloo versus King Zor!

Started by Hepcat, January 11, 2011, 12:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: Scatter on January 11, 2011, 08:59:46 PM
Awesome letter Bud!! But who the heck is "Stanta"??  :D

Scatter... it's not pretty.  THIS... is STANTA Claus.

Remember, kids.  ONE 't'.  ONE.  Otherwise THIS guy gets your letter.

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

bigbud

Wrong......just wrong. That was not who my Christmas wishlist went to.....I'm sure.   Buddy

Unknown Primate

Rarely seen cartoon, GREAT GARLOO VS KING ZOR, from 1966.

img160 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Hepcat

Wow! Great pic!

Great Garloo should be at least a head taller than King Zor though to offset the weight disadvantage Garloo would have given Zor's length.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Unknown Primate

Thanks, Hep & good point!  I'll have to adjust the height.  When I did this, I drew ZOR as an actual dragon/dinosaur.  Is he supposed to be a mechanical, robotic monster or a living, breathing beast?  I'd like to write up a script and turn it into a mini-series comic book, just for UMA'ers.  Any ideas on "origins" of these two giant monstrosities?

Hepcat

daclark32

I did have The Great Garloo and King Zor.  I also had Hamilton's horribles (I think that's right).  I was 8 when I received Great Garloo for Christmas and the Bedrock playset.  Oh how Garloo would terrorize the Flintstones.  2 years ago I bought a re-release of Gigantic Frankenstien.  I had been looking for 1 for a while, an original or the re-release.  I had Big Loo also.  I'd love to find a Great Garloo, I've already found another Bedrock playset.  Dave

Hepcat

Quote from: daclark32 on January 20, 2012, 04:52:39 PM
I also had Hamilton's horribles (I think that's right).

Hamilton's Invaders actually.

Quote from: daclark32 on January 20, 2012, 04:52:39 PM
I'd love to find a Great Garloo....

It's not that tough to find overall, unless you're looking for a complete NM specimen....

;)

RedKing

Quote from: Unknown Primate on October 01, 2011, 09:32:58 PM
Rarely seen cartoon, GREAT GARLOO VS KING ZOR, from 1966.

img160 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr
Mark, that is AWESOME!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Unknown Primate

Thanks Mike  :) - I was planning on doing a comic book just for the UMA'ers, with Zor as the monster cyborg he really is.  Got a little sidelined, though  ::)...

RedKing

That sounds like a great idea if you get around to it. i know I'd love to see it! I saw both the old TV commercials for Garloo nd Zor on the big screen a couple years ago during Godzilla Kaiju battle at a local theater. They showed a double feature of Godzilla vs Hedorah and Godzilla Final Wars and in between features ran a ton of trailers and commercials-including these two iconic monster toys! It was put on by a local group called It Came From Schenectady. They put on several film shows a year and are doing another Godzilla night in march-I can't wait!!

Hepcat

Wow! It Came from Schenectady puts on great shows!

8)

RedKing

They really do. They had a Troma fest last week with Lloyd Kaufman appearing, but not really my cup of tea. Every October they have a 24 hour film fest with a huge variety of movies.