The Great Garloo versus King Zor!

Started by Hepcat, January 11, 2011, 12:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haunted hearse

GM never built a funeral Coach that I'm aware of.  Typically, a builder would get a chassis (From GM, and prior to 1955 also Packard) and build the Coach on that.  My 1959 is a Cadillac, but the hearse body was built by "S&S". The Ghostbusters Ecto-1 was a miller Meteor, and Harold's 1959 was a "Superior".  Sometimes builders would stretch out a chassis, like National.  It would be interesting to know who did the conversion on your 1961 Oldsmobile.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Scatter

I'd kill to get my hands on that Jag-hearse from "Harold And Maude". That thing is off the chain!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

bigbud

Hearse, I'll get a pic up......pretty sure it was a production model.....and def. was an Olds. Scatter! That jag alone got me to watch Harold and Maude several times. Buddy

dlhenderson

Curse, that's one helluva shot. Green plastic nirvana. It sounds like we're married to the same wife!

Terry

Quote from: Hepcat on January 11, 2011, 12:20:01 PM
So which was the more fabulous toy, the Great Garloo by Marx or King Zor by Ideal?

Who had one or the other? Did anyone have both? Who has them now?

:-\ They were Great toys,But Nothing beat BIG LOO........He was King. Wish I still had him.

bigbud

QuoteThey were Great toys,But Nothing beat BIG LOO

Terry! Big Loo needs your help! Go to the thread titled "Mechanical Toy Battle Royale!" and vote for Loo! He needs your vote!   Buddy

bigbud

Terry! Big Loo has now pulled into a tie with 2 other big-plastic toys in the "Mechanical Toy Battle Royale". If that was your tying vote, Loo and all right thinking toy collectors thank you!   Buddy

voyttbots

A few days ago, a KING ZOR in the box still working with all the parts was up on EBay for Buy it Now of $1395 or make an offer! Only problem was its feet had cracks in them. I was sorely tempted but couldn`t afford it. Now it is gone, someone snapped it up. Sigh...

Hepcat

I think the seller had it up for sale six months to a year ago at a substantially higher price but got no bites.

:-[
Collecting! It's what I do!

voyttbots

I had a King Zor until about a week ago. It was in a storeroom in my parent`s house back in Iowa. However, my dad had used the house for collateral when my mother went into a nursing home. Now the state stepped in and made my brother sell the house to pay as much of the nursing home bill as possible. Unfortuanately, my sister didn`t tell me about it until all the dust had settled. The house is gone & all the stuff in it was sold at auction. Now I see a King Zor up on EBay for $200 with the seller in Ohio. I`m really convinced that is my King Zor. Not a stretch that a seller travels around neighboring states collecting items for resale. Anyway, I`d been thinking for over a year asking my sister to send me KZ and I kept forgetting to contact her. Oh, well, I still have the great memory of my 2 older brothers carrying that big box into the living room for me on Christmas Eve 1963.

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

bigbud

I'm pretty sure it's time we crown Big Loo the winner.....don't you think?   Buddy

RICKH

Don't know if any of you saw it, but there was a Big Loo on last week's American Pickers.  It was in the background at some guy's shop/house.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

voyttbots

Quote from: bigbud on September 24, 2011, 10:13:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's time we crown Big Loo the winner.....don't you think?   Buddy

Nope, KZ all the way!

bigbud

I think the choice of #1 should be considered on the basis of height. With Big Loo on my head we stand just under 10' tall. There.......done...........Big Loo by a head (a big head).   Love, Buddy