Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on May 02, 2017, 01:11:20 PM
Here are a couple of jaw-droppingly good paint-ups of the Marx Creature figure:

Both excellent! I like the first one best.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Here are some great shots of Raycastile's Renzi Monstermobile:

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on May 03, 2017, 03:45:15 PM
Here are some great shots of Raycastile's Renzi Monstermobile:

Fantastic and Beautiful.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Lindberg came out with this line of Lindy Looneys in 1965 to coattail on the success of the Revell "Big Daddy" Roth fink kits and Hawk Weird-Ohs:

Les' Variety on the corner had a Satan's Crate together with a Road Hog (unless it was at Cole's book store) for only $0.49 or so but they were such cheap tawdry looking kits that I passed on them at the time.

:-\

In fact they're still a very low priority for me these days. There are hundreds of kits I'd like to add to my collection before considering these even though they have a slot among my monster kid memories.

Scatter

Quote from: bigbud on April 28, 2017, 09:54:08 PM
Bravo Anton! I think you may be right! He did this Frankenstein for me ......and the signature is beginning to look like the one on the weird creature!

I thought this was YOUR profile....
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Hepcat

Here are some pictures of the classic 1972 Bally Fireball pinball machine which attained renown when it was prominently featured in an article in the December 1972 issue of Playboy:

Here's a video explaining the game action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hE9vjGm0W4

8)

Hepcat

Two main variants of the Mad Mad Mad Scientist Laboratory were produced.

First the one I had as a kid:

And then the slightly more elaborate one with the square foil-lined cardboard tray for surplus chemicals or whatever:

Hepcat

No high-end stereo is complete without a pair of these:

8)

Hepcat

Here are some photos of my unplayed Milton Bradley Lost in Space board game:

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Renowned underground comix artist Gilbert Shelton got his first big break when Pete Millar's Drag Cartoons began to carry his Wonder Wart-Hog strip on a monthly basis:

Shelton also did a Bull o' Fuzz strip which appeared in Drag Cartoons on a more haphazard basis.

The Wonder Wart-Hog strip must have been popular with readers because it rated a cover mention a mere four months later:

And another four months later the Wonder Wart-Hog strip graduated to full cover feature treatment:

Millar Publications then launched the short-lived but now fabled Wonder Wart-Hog magazine late in 1966:

This was definitely a big break for Shelton as the magazine proved to be a major milestone in the future underground comix legend's young career.

8)

Hepcat

Unopened bags of Marx Nutty Mads are a rare prize! Here's a good shot of a bag containing all six of the Series 1 Nutty Mads:

And here's a pic of the Nutty Mad most prominently featured on the bag, Donald the Demon:

8)

horrorhunter

I bought several Marx Nutty Mads and UniMons when I was a kid in the '60s and they were always loose bin items. Marx must have abandoned the packaging for those figures early on because I never saw any of it. In some instances it could have been that the retailers threw the packaging away so they could sell the figures for a bit more individually.

That packaging is so rare now that MIP examples could sell for hundreds of dollars. Back in the '60s it was just junk...along with Amazing Fantasy #15, Fantastic Four #1, and a crapload of cheap monster toys. Whodathunkit?  :o
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

skully

Exactly what I've been saying for a L O N G time now, these very "treasures" of today were nothing but new junky items back then, we NEVER would have known that these things would be worth what they are today, they were meant to be played with, then discarded. Those of us who are "lucky" enough to have purchased these very items back in the day can now ,sometimes, only shake our heads when we see some of the prices realized and just sit back and remember when we actually bought them back then, a lot of times in total amazement! I remember the large bins just filled with Marx Monsters, I already told you of my personal story with Fantastic Four # 1, MPC monsters, the magazines, the model kits, the gum ball trinkets, many things were geared towards crazy, zaney weird things, as well as monsters, it truly was the "in" thing back then.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on May 11, 2017, 03:26:38 PM
Unopened bags of Marx Nutty Mads are a rare prize! Here's a good shot of a bag containing all six of the Series 1 Nutty Mads:

And here's a pic of the Nutty Mad most prominently featured on the bag, Donald the Demon:

8)

So awesome!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."