List of Fiction novels set in the Universal Monsters Universe

Started by John Pertwee, April 29, 2019, 04:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Pertwee

I have been working on a list of every novel set in the shared UM Universe.
I will add pictures as I acquire them, or in this case I discover of their existence. Here is my list and collection so far. Please feel free to add anything to the list or add photographs.

3 books in this series
Return of the Wolfman by Jeff Rovin : Picks up where Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein leaves off.
The Devil's Brood by David Jacobs
The Devil's Night by David Jacobs

Night of Dracula by Christopher Schildt and Bela Lugosi Jr.
Frankenstein: The Legacy by Christopher Schildt and Sara Karloff

Return of Evil: Dracula (Universal Monsters) by Larry Mike Garmon
The Wolf Man (Universal Monsters) by Larry Mike Garmon
Frankenstein: Anatomy of Terror (Universal Monsters) by Larry Mike Garmon
Book Of The Dead: The Mummy (Universal Monsters) by Larry Mike Garmon
Black Water Horror: Creature from the Black Lagoon (Universal Monsters) by Larry Mike Garmon
Universal Monsters #06: Bride Of Frankenstein by Larry Mike Garmon

A novel of the film The Wolf Man

The Frankenstein Wheel Paperback – Unabridged, 1972 by Paul W Fairman
This book was the 2nd book in the Frankenstein Horror Series of books, but is the only one in the series related to the Monster we know and love.

http://toomuchhorrorfiction.blogspot.com/2012/12/robert-lory-author-of-dracula-horror.html
The Dracula Horror Series list is here. I don''t have any of these so I can't comment how similar these are to the UM version of Dracula we know.

I'm sure I have left a few out, and I will add them as I find or discover them.

Mike Scott

Universal Horror Library
by Carl Dreadstone (Ramsey Campbell, Walter Harris)
Publisher: Berkley (January 1, 1977)

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr. Acula

Takes up after Bride of Frankenstein. The monster ends up in London, where he crosses paths with Jack the Ripper. It's been several years since I read this, but I remember that I enjoyed it. Was supposed to be Volume 1 of a series, but I don't think any subsequent volumes ever appeared.

Hepcat

Quote from: John Pertwee on April 29, 2019, 04:47:23 PMI have been working on a list of every novel set in the shared UM Universe.

I'm sure I have left a few out, and I will add them as I find or discover them.

Great idea!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Rex fury

Thanks for providing the list. I ordered the CFTBL as I haven't read it before. I remember having a copy of The Frankenstein Wheel in my youth, but I've forgotten what it entailed. I enjoyed several of the Dark Horse novels, but not the creature's volume so much because of outer space connection ( am I remembering the story correctly?)
Any recommendations based on the others on your list?
RF

John Pertwee

John Pertwee

Another one found. The Wolfman Hunter's Moon.

Now this one...

is very interesting. Not related to the Hammer Film, but the text of the two stories predates all Werewolf films of Universal.

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 29, 2019, 10:24:12 PM
Universal Horror Library
by Carl Dreadstone (Ramsey Campbell, Walter Harris)
Publisher: Berkley (January 1, 1977)

I made a post about these in Horror Literature. I'll pose the question here in hopes someone can answer it. Of these Dreadstone books which have a storyline that mirrors the actual movie? I know Creature does not. Are they a quality read?