Check Out The Mondo Universal Posters that go on sale the 16th

Started by emazers, October 15, 2013, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emazers

Haunted hearse

What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

darkmonkeygod

They just put the images in the archive, the posters sold out within minutes (as has consistently been the case):

Wolf Man

Bride

Monster

Gill

The Mondo digital archive, which includes their other UM posters as well.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

zombiehorror

Saw these earlier on Jason Edmiston's FB page, very cool!  He's one talented monsterkid.

marsattacks666

I really dig the Spiderman and Creepshow, art. The Bride and Creature look beautiful.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: zombiehorror on October 16, 2013, 06:50:42 PM
Saw these earlier on Jason Edmiston's FB page, very cool!  He's one talented monsterkid.

Wow, he's got side by sides of the paintings and prints. Beautiful.

https://www.facebook.com/Jason.Edmistons.Artbook

VulcansFury

These are all way cool and all, but...

How are these legal to sell? I doubt they pay to license these, so I'm really curious what the legal distinction is on these.

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on October 16, 2013, 06:31:57 PM
the posters sold out within minutes

Not sold out, just transferred to a different seller, at twice the price.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: VulcansFury on October 21, 2013, 03:34:03 PM
How are these legal to sell? I doubt they pay to license these, so I'm really curious what the legal distinction is on these.

They are licensed. Mondo has held a Universal license for several years, and the Lugosi was not sold with the other four (though they did a BEAUTIFUL '31 Dracula sometime back). Browse through their archive. The UM stuff alone is drool worthy, and if you love films and poster art, Mondo just can't be beat in general, not just on monsters.

They had a helluva Universal Monsters show in their gallery last October. Well worth a looksee.