Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 16, 2011, 11:48:36 PM
Put some enthusiasm into it!.

It's been a long day and I'm a little tired.  :P
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

king_ghidorah

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 17, 2011, 12:54:17 AM
I meant no relationship to images from the film (or posters, etc.). It makes nice paperback book art (though not a movie tie-in ed.), but I like a more traditional approach for the DVD covers.

Me too...but that's Criterion for you, stuffy and pretencious.  I'm just glad they are releasing the darned movie though  ;D

This will be a busy fall Blu Ray wise for me (depending if I get to keep my job, the future is not bright for Federal employees)...Godzilla vs. Megalon, Destroy All Monsters, The Daimajin trilogy, Gamera 3, the extended edition of Mimic, Jurassic Park trilogy, Jaws ?, E.T?, and The Crow....all on Blu Ray...gonna be expensive :P

Mike Scott

Quote from: king_ghidorah on July 17, 2011, 01:12:53 AM
I'm just glad they are releasing the darned movie though  ;D

They can have a plain white cover, as long as the movie is in the box!
CREATURE FAN

Most Horrible

"Do you like gin? It is my only weakness..."- Dr. Pretorius

michblk

Quote from: king_ghidorah on July 17, 2011, 01:12:53 AM
This will be a busy fall Blu Ray wise for me (depending if I get to keep my job, the future is not bright for Federal employees)...Godzilla vs. Megalon, Destroy All Monsters, The Daimajin trilogy, Gamera 3, the extended edition of Mimic, Jurassic Park trilogy, Jaws ?, E.T?, and The Crow....all on Blu Ray...gonna be expensive :P

Godzilla vs Megalon is being released too?  Sweet!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

monsterphile

I would have loved a cover more in tune with this:

BUT I am very glad that it will get released. 

king_ghidorah

Quote from: michblk on July 17, 2011, 02:03:43 AM
Godzilla vs Megalon is being released too?  Sweet!

BK

Sure is!  November I think

josezombiekillr

[/quote]

There is gonna be an extended edition of Mimic?! (I just wet myself) Guillermo Del Toro is my favorite director. I love all of his movies!

And Godzilla vs Megalon?! This is the only Godzilla movie that I don't have. unless you count the MST3K version. Jet Jaguar!!!

Anyways what was this thread about? Oh right. Island of Lost souls. Can't wait. I've always wanted to see this. Besides it already has a spot waiting on my Universal shelf.
Just remember. There are such things.

Bonomo

Mike Scott

Quote from: monsterphile on July 17, 2011, 04:42:31 AM
I would have loved a cover more in tune with this:

Not sure what poster that was gonna be. Maybe this one?

CREATURE FAN

Bonomo

HEY,
Who nearly drowned during the filming of Island Of Lost Souls, and wore Frederick March's Mr. Hyde wig for one of his Manimal costumes?
(Hint, his picture is to the left, his name starts with a B, and ends in ONOMO.)
Anyone? Anyone?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Bonomo on July 17, 2011, 11:40:34 PM
Anyone? Anyone?

Who was it, Joe? Did he ever do another feature after IOLS?
CREATURE FAN

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

king_ghidorah

Quote from: josezombiekillr on July 17, 2011, 01:02:07 PM

There is gonna be an extended edition of Mimic?! (I just wet myself) Guillermo Del Toro is my favorite director. I love all of his movies!

And Godzilla vs Megalon?! This is the only Godzilla movie that I don't have. unless you count the MST3K version. Jet Jaguar!!!

Anyways what was this thread about? Oh right. Island of Lost souls. Can't wait. I've always wanted to see this. Besides it already has a spot waiting on my Universal shelf.

The Mimic blu ray can be pre-ordered here:
http://www.amazon.com/Mimic-Blu-ray-Digital-Jeremy-Northam/dp/B005BQTUVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310951936&sr=8-1

Godzilla vs. Megalon is indeed coming to blu ray this November, and even if you already have Destroy All Monsters on dvd, you should probably pick up the new release as it will be loaded with special features, the best of picture and sound quality, and a little thing called chapter stops which the first dvd didn't have lol.

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

King Ghidorah,

Chapter stops! They got me not once, but twice! I bought the first release, and then when they released it again with the CD soundtrack, I ASSUMED they would have added chapter stops. I mean it wasn't the first wave of DVDs ever made! Who doesn't create chapter stops? You know, so you could jump to the big monster battle at the end? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr--