New Board

Started by Jack Linendoll, December 01, 2007, 08:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

Yeah, who won those carded Creatures?  I need to make address labels.  Man, I was really surprised when we gave away that Tomland Mr. Hyde.  I didn't even know those existed.  That reminds me, I forgot to send the tracking number to the guy who won it.  I just love it when we give away free toys.  I hope no one came in late and missed out.
Raymond Castile

Gary D Macabre

somehow that wouldn't surprise me
Gary D. Macabre
Phantom of the UMA lounge

fmofmpls

Quote from: raycastile on December 04, 2007, 03:16:41 AM
That reminds me, I forgot to send the tracking number to the guy who won it.

That's okay. You can send it to me now. No harm done.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Scotoma Events

I made it.  Looks good.  Very well done.
Don't miss the APOTAC & Friends Pre-Christmas Collectibles Sales

www.scotomaevents.com

Gareee

Max: Here's a improved Avatar for you. (The one you currently have is squished vertically)

For anyone's reference, here's what I did to improve it:

In Photoshop, fist I looked at it's dimensions.. it's wider then tall, so that had to be changed to fit the 100x100 requirement.

Next I made a square selection, approximating the "square. Look at the info tab, and it tells you exactly how big your selection is. You can eyeball this as you do it to get the exact size you want.. and you want the width and height to be the same. Mine was a tad too small, so I did it wrong.. there is a way to adjustthis without reselecting.

I used the select/modify enlarge option and increased it by 2 pixels, and then again by 1 pixel to get the horizontal dimension exactly the same as the verticle dimension.

Next, I reduce to down from 505x505 to 100x100, the proper size.

When you reduce a image down, it appears to loos contrast and detail.. it's a trick of the eye, but there is a way to adjust it so it looks more detailed and has the original contrast back!

Go into "levels" and make sure the black is moved over to the left to it's "peak".
next, use the middle bottom slider, and slide that to the left. it'll make some of the lost detail "magically" appear. When it looks right, accept that dialog.

Finally, go to filters/sharpen/unsharp mask. this is another thing you need to "eyeball"... adjust the sharpening level until you see more detail, but do NOT add "haloing highlights" to the image. Play with this some, to see what I mean.

Then just save it back out!

here is a side by side comparison, and the final standalone image for max to grab save and use. (or alternately, just grab the link to it.. it's in my misc photobucket account and I won't clear it out.)

Gareee

Oh! If ya want, here's a holiday themed santa hat version...  ;D

Inkfink

Testin' out the system here. Hey, how do you embed images in the text here? I see the insert image icon and then the "bracket img bracket bracket/img bracket" thing comes up. I'm going to take an edjamakated guess and see what happens with an image from my web site:

Inkfink

Mike Scott

Quote from: Inkfink on December 04, 2007, 12:31:18 PM
I see the insert image icon and then the "bracket img bracket bracket/img bracket" thing comes up.
Yep, that's the one, just stick the URL between the two sets of brackets.

Love the monsters on the coaster pic! Cool avatar, too!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

monstroza

Glad to see the new fomat. I was a member of the old Yahoo board but never did post, it was kind of confusing. This one seems very easy to use which is nice for a change.

I was wondering, will all those great photos of vintage Monster Stuff be transferred to this board? It would be a shame to lose all of those fantasitic pics.

Mike Scott

Quote from: monstroza on December 04, 2007, 06:31:49 PM
I was wondering, will all those great photos of vintage Monster Stuff be transferred to this board?
Eventually. It will take awhile to do it.
CREATURE FAN

Gareee

Couldn't we just use the yahoo group for mass data storage of images and files?

Since images can be attached here, people can setup thier own photobucket accounts (or other imagehosting site) and then just post them here.

Ideally a few "official" phot hosting sites might be worthwhile, so image can be retained by the group, in case someone falls off the earth and a valuable image is then lost...

kolchak4ever

Hey anyone have a map? lol  Just wandering around taking it all in. Trying to keep up with all the threads is like walling out of the mall trying to remember where you parked. Now what row was I in.  It will take awhile but I'll figure it out.

Dale
A day without sunshine is like,
"Night". Steve Martin

Mike Scott

Quote from: Gareee on December 04, 2007, 07:00:45 PM
Couldn't we just use the yahoo group for mass data storage of images and files?
Only till they are moved to the gallery, here.
CREATURE FAN

The Drunken Severed Head

Quote from: Gareee on December 04, 2007, 11:58:42 AM
Oh! If ya want, here's a holiday themed santa hat version...  ;D

Thanks a bajillion, Garee! Whatta monster mensch you are!

As you can see, I've switched to one of the avatars you posted!