Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 20, 2019, 09:04:37 PM
I was sure I had seen Strange Door before, but I guess I was wrong. 

You don't gots the Boris Karloff (Universal) Collection?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LugosiFan25

"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Haunted hearse

I just got both "Love at First Bite", and "Once Bitten", on the same BD. I was really pleased when the song "I love the Night Life", had been restored to the scene where Dracula is dancing in the disco. On the old VHS I had, that song had been replaced with another number.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

I'm a Joe Dante fan, but only had a couple of his movies ("The Howling" and "Gremlins"), so I thought I'd pick up the rest of my favorites. I recently got "Gremlins 2", "the 'burbs" and "InnerSpace". Still need to pick up "Matinee" and "Explorers". Dante seems to have a penchant for one word (not counting "the") titles.  ;D

CREATURE FAN

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 25, 2019, 04:48:51 PM

What an underrated gem of a movie this is. I went into it completely in the dark and was totally surprised by how much fun it was.

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 03, 2019, 01:45:46 AM
I'm a Joe Dante fan, but only had a couple of his movies ("The Howling" and "Gremlins"), so I thought I'd pick up the rest of my favorites. I recently got "Gremlins 2", "the 'burbs" and "InnerSpace". Still need to pick up "Matinee" and "Explorers". Dante seems to have a penchant for one word (not counting "the") titles.  ;D

Is that the version of The 'Burbs you got on blu-ray? As another huge fan of Dante's, I highly recommend the Shout Factory blu-rays of The 'Burbs and Matinee. The extras and their version of The 'Burbs make it a must own.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on May 03, 2019, 08:15:06 AM
...  Is that the version of The 'Burbs you got on blu-ray? As another huge fan of Dante's, I highly recommend the Shout Factory blu-rays of The 'Burbs and Matinee. The extras and their version of The 'Burbs make it a must own.   

The Dante comments on the Blu-Ray added a little more insight into why Hanks didn't care for Ducommun.  Seems he found him a little too crude at times.

The interviews on the Matinee Blu-Ray were really great and added a LOT.  Loved the info about trying to film in Florida.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on May 03, 2019, 08:15:06 AM
I highly recommend the Shout Factory blu-rays of The 'Burbs and Matinee.

Well, rats! That one didn't come up when I searched the title, so I bought the Universal BD. Only a couple of extras.

I'll get the Shout "Matinee", though.
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 03, 2019, 10:50:55 AM
Well, rats! That one didn't come up when I searched the title, so I bought the Universal BD. Only a couple of extras.

I'll get the Shout "Matinee", though.

The Shout/Matinee is pretty cool. MANT, finally.

Lunkenstein

Paul

geezer butler

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on May 30, 2019, 09:49:49 PM
Just arrived in mail today

2019-05-30_10-42-14 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-05-30_10-42-20 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-05-30_10-42-30 by geezer2014, on Flickr

I really, really tried to get-in-to, Death House. Unfortunately, no.