Holy crap! I'm getting a dvd copy of footage from an (almost) lost Bonomo serial

Started by Bonomo, July 08, 2012, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonomo

SO excited. All of Bonomo's serials from the 20's are gone forever except for one, The Chinatown Mystery, and the only known print is at The Eastman House in NY. Well I managed to get my hands on....well, not yet....but I managed to aquire a dvd transfer of clips from the film. I never thought I would ever be able to see any footage of Bonomo's serials in my life, I am so stoked. This is like finding a copy of London After Midnight! I'll keep y'all posted.

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Bonomo

Ok I got the dvd. First off I have to give props to the guy who sent it to me. He is an ebay seller and was selling the footage on 16mm film, the bidding went high instantly so I messaged him explaining that I couldn't afford to keep bidding but expressed my great personal interest in seeing the footage, and if he could let the winning bidder know about that. He responded and offered to do a dvd tranfer himself before the film went out. And he did! He only charged me the actual tranfer and shipping fees that he had to pay. So again, he is awesome. As for the footage itself, it's only about 4 minutes of footage, and not as much closeup footage of Bonomo as I would have liked. That being said, it is unlikely that I would ever have had an opportunity to see it. As far as I know the only existing print is at The Eastman House in NY and from what I understand they don't like to show it. So I am very grateful to have the 4 minutes of footage that I have lol. If anyone is interested I can try to upload the footage.

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Bonomo

Apparently it's somewhat complicated, I'll have to get my wife to do it lol.