"The Walking Dead" Season 8

Started by Mike Scott, July 21, 2017, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: long live kong on October 20, 2017, 07:35:58 PM
Just been introduced to the 'Injun' survivors, who look very pissed indeed.

And they pretty much stay that way for the rest of the season.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

long live kong


Was watching fear TWD again last night, and it occurred to me that in the event of a zombie apocalypse, the ultimate form of transport would be the humble bicycle. The walking dead survivors have spent 7 seasons obsessing over fuel and hot-wiring cars, but none of them have thought to jump on a push bike. A bicycle requires no fuel, is virtually silent, and can be easily  carried over obstacles. Just a thought.  ;D
Monster lovers never grow old....

Mike Scott

Quote from: long live kong on October 22, 2017, 05:03:25 PM
A bicycle requires no fuel, is virtually silent, and can be easily . . .

. . . attacked by a hoard of zombies!  ;D

But seriously, why isn't everyone on these shows driving a brand new (whatever the hell they want)! And there should be more than enough gas at all the abandoned gas stations all over creation!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Ludi

Maybe they're having trouble getting the gasoline out of the subterranean tanks and/or the gas has gone bad (alcohol in modern gas absorbs water, etc)....?


Mike Scott

Quote from: Ludi on October 23, 2017, 01:10:01 AM
Maybe they're having trouble getting the gasoline out of the subterranean tanks

It can't be that hard to figure out.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

long live kong

#21
Quote from: Mike Scott on October 22, 2017, 09:27:43 PM
. . . attacked by a hoard of zombies!  ;D

But seriously, why isn't everyone on these shows driving a brand new (whatever the hell they want)! And there should be more than enough gas at all the abandoned gas stations all over creation!

Yes....but if the zombies can't hear you they won't know you're there til you go whizzing by!  ;D
Monster lovers never grow old....

bromstaker

Memo to board members: If there ever is an apocalyptic event you can get hand pumps/long hoses to extract gas at Tractor Supply. But if the gas is bad you're SOL!

Mike Scott

Spoilers, of course!


So, what happened, last night? The show starts with everybody giving their pre-battle pep talks, then the preparation and the battle . . . then they cut back to the pre-battle pep talks, again? What was that all about?

The other thing that bugged me was, when Rick had Negan in his sights (when he first walked out the door), why didn't Rick just shoot him in the head? You gotta cut the head off the snake! He was going to do it later, so why wait? I don't see how it would have screwed up their plans.

And what about "iron face" (forget his name)? He betrayed the group at the end of last season and now they are in league with him, again? How the hell could they possibly trust him?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

bromstaker

Mike, it wasn't "Iron Face" (Dwight) that betrayed the group last season. It was the garbage dump gal. But yeah, as soon as Negan strolled out Rick should've shot him. Like Eli Wallach says in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, "If you're going to shoot, shoot - don't talk!"

Mike Scott

Quote from: bromstaker on October 23, 2017, 07:59:41 PM
Mike, it wasn't "Iron Face" (Dwight) that betrayed the group last season.

Don't you remember when Dwight came to the town and they put him in jail and Daryl wanted to kill him, but Rick finally believed his story that he wanted to help do in Negan, but it was all a trick?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

bromstaker

I remember the scene, but there was also a scene towards the end of the episode where Daryl finds the toy soldier with the message "I didn't know" written on it. That was a message from Dwight.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 23, 2017, 08:46:15 PM
Don't you remember when Dwight came to the town and they put him in jail and Daryl wanted to kill him, but Rick finally believed his story that he wanted to help do in Negan, but it was all a trick?

I don't think so.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: bromstaker on October 24, 2017, 06:23:53 PM
I remember the scene, but there was also a scene towards the end of the episode where Daryl finds the toy soldier with the message "I didn't know" written on it. That was a message from Dwight.

I must have missed the note? Now it makes sense! I need to re-watch that episode.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website