WANTED-Old and Unusual Creature from the Black Lagoon Pieces!

Started by LFSPaul, February 06, 2012, 09:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 28, 2020, 08:49:29 PMTo my knowledge, none of the monster games came with the lids shrinkwrapped the bottoms. All of them came with the small box that holds the characters and the wooden tokens shrinkwrapped.

Many games were packaged that way. I'm tempted to say that was the standard.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

LFSPaul

We had the licensing through Universal to reproduce the came 100% like the original, but Mattel would not give us the rights to their vintage logo.

I really wanted the logo on the box and we went back and forth for months and in the end I moved on to other things. I could revisit at some point, but not right now.

I have everything scanned and mastered like the originals and even found an old school game maker in China that had the right process to reproduce the box and board with accuracy.

Only thing that would have been different is we had a sculpted creature figure cast in four colors along with the original paper versions and an updated copyright on the box and board so there was no confusion.

What could have been....

Mike Scott

Quote from: LFSPaul on December 29, 2020, 05:02:07 PM
We had the licensing through Universal to reproduce the came 100% like the original, but Mattel would not give us the rights to their vintage logo.

It's a minor thing, but it would make a difference.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

skully

LFSPaul,  totallu understand the wanting of that Creature squirt gun, everybody into monsters is seeking one now a days,  a lot of competition out there.  I remember vividly actually passing on at least 2 of them 30 or so years ago out back where the dealers set up in the field at Renningers, it's around when I first started collecting seriously monster toys, and I was only seeking out items from the 60's,   I figured there would be more around since they were from the 70's,  big, big mistake on my part, all I can do now is just shake my head.  I own a lot of Creature items, I guess my 2 best pieces so far are the Hasbro paint set (very slightly started with still nice box and paints), along with the original art painting to the Golden puzzle that came out either in the 80's or 90's series of Universal monsters, I obtained this piece from e-bay over 25 years ago.

Mike Scott

Quote from: LFSPaul on December 29, 2020, 05:02:07 PM

Oops! I think you mean Hasbro.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 29, 2020, 11:58:28 PMOops! I think you mean Hasbro.

Well that anyway would explain why Mattel's lawyers weren't willing to extend him permission.

C:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

LFSPaul

Still looking for vintage Creature, if you are selling anything let me know, vintage is better, production items, drawings, paintings old toy are welcome.

LFSPaul

Quote from: skully on December 29, 2020, 09:43:12 PM
LFSPaul,  totallu understand the wanting of that Creature squirt gun, everybody into monsters is seeking one now a days,  a lot of competition out there.  I remember vividly actually passing on at least 2 of them 30 or so years ago out back where the dealers set up in the field at Renningers, it's around when I first started collecting seriously monster toys, and I was only seeking out items from the 60's,   I figured there would be more around since they were from the 70's,  big, big mistake on my part, all I can do now is just shake my head.  I own a lot of Creature items, I guess my 2 best pieces so far are the Hasbro paint set (very slightly started with still nice box and paints), along with the original art painting to the Golden puzzle that came out either in the 80's or 90's series of Universal monsters, I obtained this piece from e-bay over 25 years ago.

Would love to see some images of both.