Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here are scans of four more of the Tales of the Unexpected comics featuring Space Ranger from my collection:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

skully

Hepcat, yes, the one and only. The kicker here is with the pictures you posted, I also at one time but not anymore owned the original artwork for the Crazy colors paint set too, but, as sadly said, no more.

Hepcat

Quote from: skully on March 21, 2017, 11:37:07 AMThe kicker here is with the pictures you posted, I also at one time but not anymore owned the original artwork for the Crazy colors paint set too, but, as sadly said, no more.

Wow!

:o

Who then was the artist?

???

skully

Not sure, it wasn't signed, but my guess would have been the same artist that did the Weirdo's box art. The piece was quite large, on heavy artist board.

Hepcat

skully

Yes Campbell.  Made many dumb mistakes in the past, selling off a large portion of my art collection was one of them, but, fortunately kept enough pieces back to keep me somewhat satisfied.

horrorhunter

Quote from: skully on March 21, 2017, 12:02:46 AM

Original art by Gray Morrow is BIG TIME, especially a Warren cover! Congratulations for attaining such a wonderful piece, skully, and thanks for posting and sharing it with us!  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 21, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
Original art by Gray Morrow is BIG TIME, especially a Warren cover!

Is that a CREEPY, or EERIE?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

skully

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 21, 2017, 05:21:57 PMOriginal art by Gray Morrow is BIG TIME, especially a Warren cover!

And especially such an early one too! It hit the newsstands in April 1966.

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: skully on March 21, 2017, 01:35:27 PMYes Campbell.  Made many dumb mistakes in the past, selling off a large portion of my art collection was one of them, but, fortunately kept enough pieces back to keep me somewhat satisfied.

Look at this recreation of the Hawk "Hodad Silly Surfer" box art that Bigbud got direct from Mr. William Campbell in 1993:

You gotta love it!

8)

Hepcat

Here is a photo of the original art to card #11 from the 1959 Topps Funny Valentines set that I've framed and have hanging in my collectibles room:

Here's the original art of the movie poster for the 1972 rerelease of Walt Disney's Song of the South movie that I had framed:

I bought both of these pieces through Hake's auctions early this century.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the stained glass window I had commissioned for my collectibles room featuring Walt Disney's Brer Fox and Flower:

And here are a couple of closeup shots of the window:

8)

Hepcat

An ad for a full set of eight Pop-Tops on a rack card was included in MPC's 1965 catalogue:

Here's an excellent specimen of this carded set:

Note though that the Executioner seems to have misplaced or forgotten his own head someplace!

:laugh:

Here's a great shot of Monolith's loose Pop-Top set:

8)

horrorhunter

I remember getting my mom to buy me one of these around '64/'65.

I had several sets of Pop-Tops back then but only ever one set in that 8-pack. I tore into that thing like a ravenous wolf ripping into raw meat. If I could only go back and rescue it from my ignorant little self! I would say "Listen, you greedy little bastard, you already have several of these Pop-Tops to play with. Just save this in the package for yourself for decades and you'll be very grateful...or else."  >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...