Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skully

Hi darkmonkeygod.  Thanks for your thoughts about the wolfman car piece,  also glad to know that thee are other skull drivers with this set in collections, I just never saw any for sale.  From memory, it really wasn't a counter-type display, more like a larger type box with individual slots where these sat it, I can't remember any graphics on the box.

Hepcat

Perhaps my very favourite Aurora model kit of them all:

Not only does it feature the most fabulous James Bama artwork but I built one as a kid back in 1965. Here's my present day one:

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Wicked Lester

Here is an original Spookshow poster  a work friend gave me a few years ago. He got at a flea market for a only a few dollars,   8)

Wicked Lester

I got this female Vamp prop from the long gone Propmasters out of MO. several years ago. Not sure if there are any others left around.

Hepcat

Quote from: Wicked Lester on November 06, 2016, 10:39:52 AMHere is an original Spookshow poster....

The pre-Halloween Spookshows and their posters were all so cool!

tynhrt

Hepcat

Here's another one of the highly coveted packages of MPC Pop-Top Horrors:

Hepcat

Hepcat

The Topps Funny Valentines cards are one of the most beloved items in my collection. They're not scarce, they're not expensive, but I remember them in the schoolyard and the Jack Davis artwork is just too cool!

The first set was issued in 1959:

I have the original art to one of the cards from the 1959 set framed up on my wall:

The Funny Valentines A set was issued in 1960:

The Giant Funny Valentines were issued in 1961 and then reissued in 1966. The 1961 cards have red-orange backs while the 1966 reissue has bright red backs. The 1966 reissue was also printed in both the U.S. and Canada. They're easy to differentiate because the U.S. version was printed on white card stock while the Canadian version was printed on grey card stock. The fine print on the back also tells you in which country the cards were printed.

U.S.A.

Canada

8)

Hepcat

Hepcat

All the early Creepy covers by Frank Frazetta are great with this one being no exception:

the_horror_man

Quote from: Hepcat on November 16, 2016, 03:27:57 PM
All the early Creepy covers by Frank Frazetta are great with this one being no exception:

Fantastic! I love the cover art and inside art of this and the like magazines.

thm

the_horror_man

Quote from: Hepcat on November 16, 2016, 03:27:57 PM

See what you started.  ;D

Hepcat

The classic Hasbro Mummy board game:

It may actually be the toughest Hasbro Mystery Game of them all to find.

Hepcat

Here are scans of four of my House of Mystery comics:

Fantomah