Frankenstein and Wolfman legacy collections on Blu Ray

Started by crue-leader, July 17, 2016, 06:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crissrudd4554

Well I'm pretty much done discussing these on blu-ray.com. I got in a spat the other day with a user who truthfully had been irritating me the last few months and even more so in the last few weeks. I had made comments about the audio on the first Frankenstein and someone mentioned the missing branches in Bride and he's now convinced we wanna ruin these new BDs for people. He even criticized someone for liking the French BD of Frankenstein meets Wolf Man. Some people can't respect opinions I guess. Speaking for myself Im glad these new sets are getting a good response from people and seem to be for the most what fans had hoped for. I always show respect for any method people have for enjoying their movies even if it's different from mine. Hopefully some reviews for these new sets will be surfacing soon. :)

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on September 29, 2016, 02:20:23 PM
Well I'm pretty much done discussing these on blu-ray.com. I got in a spat the other day with a user who truthfully had been irritating me the last few months and even more so in the last few weeks. I had made comments about the audio on the first Frankenstein and someone mentioned the missing branches in Bride and he's now convinced we wanna ruin these new BDs for people. He even criticized someone for liking the French BD of Frankenstein meets Wolf Man. Some people can't respect opinions I guess. Speaking for myself Im glad these new sets are getting a good response from people and seem to be for the most what fans had hoped for. I always show respect for any method people have for enjoying their movies even if it's different from mine. Hopefully some reviews for these new sets will be surfacing soon. :)

I understand what you're saying. This is one reason why I do not visit TCHFB anymore. It seems as though every time I voiced a concern or opinion - there was always someone else who just had to have the final word - or to be the one with THE CORRECT ANSWER! Every time I went there - it seemed as though I got into an argument. Naturally, I try and tread more softly these days.

I still want to see some reviews too. I'm really curious about Son of Frankenstein. I would like to know more before I slap down the cash. Hopefully, more UMA members will come forward. Once they've had time to view all the films and digest the content.

crissrudd4554

Quote from: Anthony Caranci on September 30, 2016, 04:17:14 AM
I understand what you're saying. This is one reason why I do not visit TCHFB anymore. It seems as though every time I voiced a concern or opinion - there was always someone else who just had to have the final word - or to be the one with THE CORRECT ANSWER! Every time I went there - it seemed as though I got into an argument. Naturally, I try and tread more softly these days.

I still want to see some reviews too. I'm really curious about Son of Frankenstein. I would like to know more before I slap down the cash. Hopefully, more UMA members will come forward. Once they've had time to view all the films and digest the content.

Trust me the people at CHFB may as well be from Disneyland compared to where this guy was coming from! XD

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on September 30, 2016, 11:28:22 AM
Trust me the people at CHFB may as well be from Disneyland compared to where this guy was coming from! XD

It is sad that unfortunately, some people have to be that way. Speaking for myself - thank you for all the information & input. Very much appreciated. Very enlightening.

BRICK

Quote from: Anthony Caranci on September 30, 2016, 04:17:14 AM

So far I have watched Son, Ghost & FMTWM (on top of the original releases) and they all look great; are they 100% perfect restorations: No, but they are pretty close.The picture and sound quality are head and shoulders above the previous releases. Anyone sitting on the fence, I would go ahead and buy them since I believe these are going to be the definitive releases for some time to come!
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: BRICK on October 01, 2016, 02:01:41 PM
So far I have watched Son, Ghost & FMTWM (on top of the original releases) and they all look great; are they 100% perfect restorations: No, but they are pretty close.The picture and sound quality are head and shoulders above the previous releases. Anyone sitting on the fence, I would go ahead and buy them since I believe these are going to be the definitive releases for some time to come!

Thank you for the additional update.

Joseph_Baeza

For those interested, Amazon just dropped the prices for both legacy Blu ray sets to $19.99 each!  A great bargain.

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 02, 2016, 01:00:01 AM
For those interested, Amazon just dropped the prices for both legacy Blu ray sets to $19.99 each!  A great bargain.

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

BRICK

Also, another thing to consider, in my correspondence with Michael from Universal, I had asked him about the tentative restoration/Blu-Ray release schedule of the remaining monster films; he said that that would be determined, in large part, by how well these sets do. Just one more reason to go out and buy them ASAP.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on October 02, 2016, 08:09:32 AM
. . . he said that that would be determined, in large part, by how well these sets do.

Damn it! I knew it! They're going to release them a little at a time and when THE MUMMY, or INVISIBLE MAN doesn't do as good as FRANKENSTEIN, that'll be the end!  >:(
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

Actually, the next logical set choices would be Dracula and Creature From The Black Lagoon, since they each only have two remaining films that need to be restored.

Mord

The first three Frankenstein films will be airing on Turner tonight. See they air the most current prints, this should be a good chance  to check out the restoration on "Son of Frankenstein" before buying.

crissrudd4554

Quote from: Mord on October 02, 2016, 01:00:09 PM
The first three Frankenstein films will be airing on Turner tonight. See they air the most current prints, this should be a good chance  to check out the restoration on "Son of Frankenstein" before buying.

I'm hoping but then again I recall a year or so ago catching Frankenstein on TCM and it looked to be the print from the 2006 DVD so who knows.

Universal Steve

Quote from: BRICK on October 02, 2016, 12:32:40 PM
Actually, the next logical set choices would be Dracula and Creature From The Black Lagoon, since they each only have two remaining films that need to be restored.

As long as they don,t feel that Draculas Daughter and Son Of Dracula are lesser films and just clean them up instead of restoring them like Werewolf of London. The Creature set should have Revenge in 2d and 3 d like the original Creature was. Revenge was the last 3D movie made so it is important.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Universal Steve

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 02, 2016, 12:12:21 PM
Damn it! I knew it! They're going to release them a little at a time and when THE MUMMY, or INVISIBLE MAN doesn't do as good as FRANKENSTEIN, that'll be the end!  >:(

I would grab the Mummy set right away. The Invisible Man with Claude Rains was good. The others are ok but I think it would be the weakest selling of all the sets. I wonder if they will put Abbott and Costello Meet The Invisible Man on it?
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com