Frankenstein and Wolfman legacy collections on Blu Ray

Started by crue-leader, July 17, 2016, 06:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

These will be in discount bins before next Halloween. Good things come to those who wait, peeps.

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on September 13, 2016, 12:20:05 PM
I also ordered the Wolf Man legacy Blu-ray set because I simply could not pass up the $14.99 Best Buy price.  However, I'm going to wait a little for the Frankenstein set to drop from $29.99, as I'm sure it will by Christmas.  I'm curious to see if Universal ends up releasing some of the titles like Son of Frankenstein and Ghost of Frankenstein individually, like they did after the Essential collection came out a few years ago.  Those are the only two titles I would need from the Frankenstein set, since everything else is duplicated on the Wolf Man set or from the Essential collection.

WOW! $14.99 for the Wolfman Blu-Ray set. The Best Buy out here has them for $29.00. They were just a little below the Frankenstein set which was listed at $30.00. In fact, Amazon was a little higher - $30.55.

Today, Best Buy dropped the price of the Frankenstein set to $29.99.

Universal Steve

Quote from: Anthony Caranci on September 13, 2016, 10:18:32 PM
WOW! $14.99 for the Wolfman Blu-Ray set. The Best Buy out here has them for $29.00. They were just a little below the Frankenstein set which was listed at $30.00. In fact, Amazon was a little higher - $30.55.

Today, Best Buy dropped the price of the Frankenstein set to $29.99.

The 14.99 price is at www.bestbuy.com only. Mine is getting delivered today. I got the Frankenstein collection yesterday. Our local store was selling it for 25.99 but with my store credit I paid 5.00  for it.  A good deal.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Anton Phibes

All the films have been cleaned according to early reviews. Apparently Werewolf of London is cleaned up as well as, if not better, than the French Blu Ray. So---I guess I will be down for at least the Wolfman legacy.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 13, 2016, 12:37:30 PM
These will be in discount bins before next Halloween. Good things come to those who wait, peeps.

This is how I feel about it too. I love these movies but it's not like I don't have decent copies of them already to watch in the meantime.

Anthony Caranci

I was pretty pumped up for the release. I'm just too old school I guess. I like to have something in my hands on the day of release. This on-line only BS is not for me. It's just one more thing that has not changed for the better (of the consumer).

However, as hard as it may be, I know that I have to adapt to the changing times. So -- Amazon, here I come!

Universal Steve

Just watched Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman. I will say they cleaned it up really good. That is the sharpest copy of the film I have seen.  Hope House of Frankenstein is just as clear. I am sure it will be.  In the original Classic Monsters release they added a couple of seconds of found footage to The Mummy and The Invisible Man. I was looking for something like that to be in these releases. But happy with what I have seen so far.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Universal Steve on September 15, 2016, 03:42:42 PM
Just watched Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman. I will say they cleaned it up really good. That is the sharpest copy of the film I have seen.  Hope House of Frankenstein is just as clear. I am sure it will be.  In the original Classic Monsters release they added a couple of seconds of found footage to The Mummy and The Invisible Man. I was looking for something like that to be in these releases. But happy with what I have seen so far.

SON OF FRANKIE HAS FEW NEW SECONDS IN IT.

Universal Steve

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 15, 2016, 03:55:04 PM

Nice! I will be looking for it.  I did spot the  extra seconds in The Mummy and The Invisible Man.  I almost think there might have been a couple of seconds in the beginning of Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman.  I will have to verify by looking at my regular copy.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 15, 2016, 03:55:04 PM
That is the one that really needed restoration. How good is the new print?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on September 15, 2016, 05:09:05 PM
That is the one that really needed restoration. How good is the new print?

I don't have it yet, but by all accounts....people give it the big thumbs up.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 15, 2016, 05:28:43 PM
Fingers crossed.

Universal Steve

Looking forward to watching  Son of Frankenstein but first I want to see House of Frankenstein.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Anthony Caranci

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 15, 2016, 05:28:43 PM

Hello Anton Phibes.

Can you share which reviews you have seen. I've been on BluRay.com, Highdefdigest.com and haven't seen anything. I tried to old "google it" procedure, and struck out.

Thanks for all the information folks. That missing footage in Son of Frankenstein may be the 3-4 seconds that crissrudd4554 as talking about.

crissrudd4554

Quote from: Anthony Caranci on September 15, 2016, 11:36:15 PM
Hello Anton Phibes.

Can you share which reviews you have seen. I've been on BluRay.com, Highdefdigest.com and haven't seen anything. I tried to old "google it" procedure, and struck out.

Thanks for all the information folks. That missing footage in Son of Frankenstein may be the 3-4 seconds that crissrudd4554 as talking about.

According to a user on blu-ray.com, the missing footage I had mentioned is in fact restored in this new release! :)