Frankenstein and Wolfman legacy collections on Blu Ray

Started by crue-leader, July 17, 2016, 06:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crue-leader

horrorhunter

Universal To Release "Frankenstein" and "The Wolf Man" Collections on Blu-ray!

Universal has just announced a FRANKENSTEIN: COMPLETE LEGACY COLLECTION and a THE WOLF MAN: COMPLETE LEGACY COLLECTION, both to be released on Blu-ray on September 13. The FRANKENSTEIN set will include FRANKENSTEIN, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, SON OF FRANKENSTEIN, THE GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN, HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, HOUSE OF DRACULA and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN. THE WOLF MAN set will include WEREWOLF OF LONDON, THE WOLF MAN, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN, HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, HOUSE OF DRACULA, SHE-WOLF OF LONDON and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/index.htm
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

If they haven't fully restored all the sequels, I'm not reaching for my credit card.  I've been suckered enough on these. How many copies does someone have to buy before they get it right?

Mord

At the very least, the Wolfman set is pretty redundant. We already have the restored Wolfman on Blu-ray and all the sequels will be on the Frankenstein collection  (unless you're really desperate for another copy of Werewolf/She wolf of London).

BobaJ

The Blu Ray Wolf Man Legacy set is currently $14.99 at Best Buy. Don't know if it is a pricing mistake or not but at that price I went ahead and pre-ordered it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wolf-man-complete-legacy-collection-blu-ray-disc-boxed-set/5578901.p?id=3611228&skuId=5578901

The Frankenstein Legacy set is still $29.99

Mike Scott

Quote from: BobaJ on August 07, 2016, 03:34:24 PM
The Blu Ray Wolf Man Legacy set is currently $14.99 at Best Buy.

Thanks for the heads up, BobaJ ! Great price!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on July 17, 2016, 06:53:33 PM
At the very least, the Wolfman set is pretty redundant. We already have the restored Wolfman on Blu-ray and all the sequels will be on the Frankenstein collection  (unless you're really desperate for another copy of Werewolf/She wolf of London).

If the Werewolf of London is the French restoration on a US Blu---I am in.

Rumor has it that Son of Frankenstein and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman have had this same uber restoration. So---maybe you'll reach for your credit card yet, my brother. :angel:

Anton Phibes

IF...and only IF they are cleaned up like the French releases....I will be reaching as well. Frankenstein Meets Wolfman and Werewolf of London are faves. 8). Heck....so is Son of,lol.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 07, 2016, 08:58:24 PM
IF...and only IF they are cleaned up like the French releases....I will be reaching as well. Frankenstein Meets Wolfman and Werewolf of London are faves. 8). Heck....so is Son of,lol.

Werewolf of London. Such a really great movie.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

I wonder if we should just wait for the ultimate complete boxed version. Then we can wait for that to go half price ( like they always do)

Anthony Caranci

I want to thank all of you for the information.

Are all the sequels restored? I've been waiting for Son of Frankenstein to get the restoration job.

Why not restored them all? Universal is still making a ton of $$$$ on these films.

Amazon has the Frankenstein set at $29.83 (or something like that). If that Best Buy price is still in effect on 09/01/2016 -- I'll probably be doing some double dipping myself. What the hell!

Mord

Anthony Caranci

To be honest about it -- I was under the impression that Frankenstein films 3 thru 8 were all restored also. It would seem to make sense if they're going to present them all in HD on Blu-ray.

It will be a real disappointment if that is not the case.  It would be nothing more than a cheap tactic to "pilfer" more $$$$.