Those DVDs in your Blu-ray case.

Started by Mike Scott, February 07, 2019, 10:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on February 18, 2019, 04:30:49 PM
Does anybody remember the full-frame "Carrie"? There was a whole lot of Sissy Spacek full-frontal in the shower scene. When it got letterboxed, she was cut off at the navel. I wish that I could find an old DVD or VHS. That shower scene brought me back 3 times to watch it in the theatre.

I'm for anything that shows more skin.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Case in point:

Michael Jackson episode pulled from The Simpsons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/michael-jackson-episode-removed-from-the-simpsons/ar-BBUvLlb?li=BBnbfcL

The rub is all the allegations against Jackson.  Never mind that he was never actually convicted - or that the episode is about a fat, white mental patient who believes that he is Michael Jackson.

Might as well pull Monty Python's Life of Byron, because some of the movie characters mistake him for Jesus.

(Screw 'em.  I own a copy of Season Three.)
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 20, 2019, 01:50:40 AM
The industry is moving away from discs.  Samsung is abandoning BLU-Rays.

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/samsung-drops-blu-ray-drives-nail-into-disc-media-coffin

There was a Tech YouTube channel that was discussing this very article. Hopeful....no, R.I.P. I cannot ever imagine the day where physical media is dead. Will consumers have to special order their bluray. Who knows.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

This is really depressing. I like ownership of my entertainment. Streaming services are unreliable. If a movie is too niche to get enough views, it gets dropped overnight. My tastes are borderline serial killer and far from the mainstream. I'm guessing that most of what I like will disappear. I still buy cds and records. I like things like lyric sheets and cover art. Streaming is perfect for the vacuous who put convenience and expedience over quality.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on March 20, 2019, 04:27:05 PM
This is really depressing. I like ownership of my entertainment. Streaming services are unreliable. If a movie is too niche to get enough views, it gets dropped overnight. My tastes are borderline serial killer and far from the mainstream. I'm guessing that most of what I like will disappear. I still buy cds and records. I like things like lyric sheets and cover art. Streaming is perfect for the vacuous who put convenience and expedience over quality.

If Samsung and other companies follow this trend. This will probably be the end if the bluray. With that...let the Underground collecting begin. Well! Stock-up on bluray players.😁🤟💀
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 20, 2019, 04:58:40 PM
If Samsung and other companies follow this trend. This will probably be the end if the bluray. With that...let the Underground collecting begin. Well! Stock-up on bluray players.😁🤟💀
I remember getting rid of my record albums years ago. They were declared "obsolete" by the powers that be, and that was that. What a f*cking mistake. Some of those records could finance a new car right now. I've spent a lot of money getting my favorites back. I'm not getting rid of any records, cds, dvds, or blurays (or books, for that matter). Those shrill, tinny, compressed top 40 hip hop hits are fine for streaming. Real music and movies deserve better. Like you said ...stock up on your players (or risk paying triple the price on E-bay).