Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDark1

Each actor's estate has the rights per CA courts ruling to their image and likeness, in and out of make ups. That is why we see the estates name on these products. Universal can share with the estates, but they don't want to.  This is why they offer the generic or cartoon monsters likeness.

Karloff estate settled many yrs ago with Universal.  Not sure how long the agreement is for, but yes Universal has the Karloff likeness rights.  Good luck to the Strange estates.  Perhaps like the Hull estate, and Chaney, Lugosi estate they will also independently sale the Strange monster image-now i'd Buy that!

MonsterBaker666

Weird tho that the Werewolf Of Lindon figure has NO Universal copyright on it. 

MonsterBaker666

It's almost October - wonder if / when Super 7 is going to put up for order (or pre-order) the Halloween colored Super Soapies that one of our members got in error from them. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on September 23, 2023, 01:44:35 PM
It's almost October - wonder if / when Super 7 is going to put up for order (or pre-order) the Halloween colored Super Soapies

God, I hope it's the last one! Four is enough of anything!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

MonsterBaker666

I still want them to release the 3 spies they didnt release in glow in the dark paint schemes...invisible man, bride of Frankenstein  and the mummy.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

MonsterBaker666

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Palifan

Well one thing they've just listed is 3 more The Worst colour variants in glow 80's colours?! To make things even cheaper the three characters they've picked are from the first wave (released 2016) and there must been at least 7 variants for these already (just checked and for one of these figures this will be the 10th colour variant!).

Let's hope there's something else a little more interesting coming.

Ian

MonsterBaker666

They get their bang outta a buck.  They must sell if they keep these variants coming.  I was surprised that it tool them about 3 years to release the Soapies.  They should really sell them without any bubble solution in them.  Maybe include a little packet (like size of a ketchup packet at McDonalds, etc)  that you mix with water in the bottle - that would avoid leakage and reduce the weight - cheaper to ship.

MadCow

Quote from: Palifan on September 24, 2023, 04:09:03 AM
Well one thing they've just listed is 3 more The Worst colour variants in glow 80's colours?! To make things even cheaper the three characters they've picked are from the first wave (released 2016) and there must been at least 7 variants for these already (just checked and for one of these figures this will be the 10th colour variant!).

Let's hope there's something else a little more interesting coming.

Ian

Sooooo many repaints. They get so much use out of those molds that they shouldn't be charging $20 for a 3.75" figure. The cost is my biggest gripe with them.

MonsterBaker666

That way they get more profits from their sculpts.  I think I'm pretty much burned out with all the variant paint jobs on the Universal monster figures.  At least for this year.  Money is rather tight right about now for me. 

Palifan

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on September 24, 2023, 07:36:01 AM
That way they get more profits from their sculpts.  I think I'm pretty much burned out with all the variant paint jobs on the Universal monster figures.  At least for this year.  Money is rather tight right about now for me.

I can understand the need to help out with the cost of these steel moulds but enough already with the variants (especially when you get past 5 of them!). I'm the fool though who has all 9 Black Falcon and all 10 Batula variants  ;D

Ian

Mike Scott

Quote from: Palifan on September 24, 2023, 04:09:03 AM
Well one thing they've just listed is 3 more The Worst colour variants in glow 80's colours?!

Do you have a link? I don't see any new UMs.
CREATURE FAN

MonsterBaker666

NOT Universal Monsters figures - I believe they were The Worst figures.