Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Ordered my set as well (plus Metaluna Mutant). Not Universal, but ordered the silver screen Godzilla with oxygen destroyer figure too. 😊

MonsterBaker666

I've always found that Super 7 shipping to me is super fast, so I'm hoping to see my order of the Super Soapies by Saturday. 

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Palifan on June 05, 2023, 03:48:43 PM
Now I've just got to hope that I don't get import fees and extra shipping costs, let alone these things leaking. ... 

Ian 

They shipped my Frankenstein Soapie securely shrink-wrapped with its box, sealed inside another bag and then sealed inside an additional bag for good measure.  So all three plastic containers would have to leak to make a real mess.  The cardboard shipping box was substantially larger than the bottle, so it would be very difficult to pierce it from outside.  And the shrink-wrap won't let the cap loosen.

Mine arrived in fine shape - but I live in the same state Super 7 does business, California.
ADAM

MonsterBaker666

I wonder why they released the Metaluna Mutant in their Silver Screen Edition - the film was in color!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on June 06, 2023, 09:56:49 AM
I wonder why they released the Metaluna Mutant in their Silver Screen Edition - the film was in color!

I have often wondered this myself with these, Sideshow, and others. My conclusion: set completion and also photo stills, despite the film being in color.

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 06, 2023, 09:11:39 AM
They shipped my Frankenstein Soapie securely shrink-wrapped with its box, sealed inside another bag and then sealed inside an additional bag for good measure.  So all three plastic containers would have to leak to make a real mess.  The cardboard shipping box was substantially larger than the bottle, so it would be very difficult to pierce it from outside.  And the shrink-wrap won't let the cap loosen.

Mine arrived in fine shape - but I live in the same state Super 7 does business, California.

When I got my glow versions the Wolfman leaked during shipping ruining its box.  Plastic kept it from ruining others.     It was a nightmare trying to get a replacement and had to settle for a $12 credit.     A better company would have just sent a replacement for a $20 item.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Dr.Terror

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on June 06, 2023, 09:56:49 AM

Probably the same reason they make color versions of characters from B+W films.😉
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Dr.Terror on June 06, 2023, 11:19:25 AM
When I got my glow versions the Wolfman leaked during shipping ruining its box.  Plastic kept it from ruining others.     It was a nightmare trying to get a replacement and had to settle for a $12 credit.     A better company would have just sent a replacement for a $20 item. 

That's terrible.  The leak caused a "collectible" to lose its value as a collectible.

They wound up charging you 8 bucks (plus shipping) for bubble soap.

Lousy business practice.
ADAM

Mike Scott

They should offer these with and without soap. My guess is, they wouldn't sell many with.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 06, 2023, 09:11:39 AM

That's really good to hear so thank you for the info and hopefully it'll all arrive safely :)

Ian

Palifan

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 06, 2023, 11:37:11 AM
They should offer these with and without soap. My guess is, they wouldn't sell many with.

I think you're right Mike as I can't imagine many people buying these to use in the bath. It would save on shipping weight as well and they'd probably shift more.

Ian

MonsterBaker666

I'm not sure if they are supposed to be used in the bath.  They come with a bubble wand, and liquid bubble bath is usually thicker than bubble wand solution.  I kind of remember hearing years ago that pediatricians and doctors suggested that you don't use bubble bath like Mr. Bubble because it can caused urinary tract and vaginal  infections. 

Palifan

So are these supposed to be for blowing bubbles and not bubble bath soap?

Ian

Mike Scott

Quote from: Palifan on June 07, 2023, 01:00:08 AM
So are these supposed to be for blowing bubbles and not bubble bath soap?

Correct. Less red tape to go through to sell this stuff.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

MonsterBaker666

Yeah, it appears that these Super 7 Super Soapies are based on the old 1960s bubble bath Super Soakies, but are to be used to blow bubbles, thus the bubble wand attached to the inside of the head cap.