Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on September 26, 2022, 09:17:53 PM
I got to sit in on a retailer focused preview of much of Super7's offerings for the rest of this year as well as Q1 '23

Any more Creatures coming up?  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on September 26, 2022, 09:48:41 PM
why didn't the original Luminator model line offer the CFTBL rather than King Kong?

No Creature? A while back, I was thinking about getting one, but I guess I won't.  :(
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 26, 2022, 09:53:39 PM
Mike. How many Creature mask variations are there? I have two.

4. Yellow, orange, light green and dark green.
CREATURE FAN

Palifan

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 26, 2022, 04:39:35 PM
Why didn't you get a couple of the nicer ones?

I see what you did there Mike (I think lol?!).

I've always loved these two figures since this series began and think that the Remo style works really well with them. I do also have quite a lot of the other Worst characters, at least one of every character released, but I needed to focus my collecting a bit so just go for the two I've mentioned in any variant. I must admit that half the time I'm just getting these things for the artwork as the figures generally are second to it.

There wasn't really a lot else for me with this drop and now that the Uk pound is the same as the US dollar it's just too expensive getting anything from overseas so I have to be choosy.

Ian

MonsterBaker666

Weird thing about Super 7s Luminators - They appear to glow under a black light in a different color than the plastic they're molded in. 

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on September 26, 2022, 09:17:53 PM
I got to sit in on a retailer focused preview of much of Super7's offerings for the rest of this year as well as Q1 '23 and the Luminators line will continue with the Frankenstein Monster, the Mummy, and the Wolf Man.

And just like that, I'll buy Phantom and Drac as well. My complaint about the different color ways they offer these in is that there's never a full crew of them. They do 4 characters but never the others. If I can get the main crew (sadly minus the Bride, Quasimodo and the Invisible Man), I'm in.

Dr.Terror

If we get a full set of Luminators before AHI styled W, F, D, and M something is wrong.

I understand the folks at super 7 are into  "clear art vinyl colorway sofubi" whatever, but its getting ridiculous and very very lazy..

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Palifan on September 27, 2022, 12:57:20 AM
I see what you did there Mike (I think lol?!).

tee hee!

Quote from: Palifan on September 27, 2022, 12:57:20 AM
. . it's just too expensive getting anything from overseas . .

I know what you mean! It's the same going the other way.
CREATURE FAN

Dr.Terror

Its  cheaper getting a toy shipped next day from Japan that a book from the UK it seems.     
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Palifan

Quote from: Dr.Terror on September 27, 2022, 10:55:00 AM
Its  cheaper getting a toy shipped next day from Japan that a book from the UK it seems.   

It's the sad truth  :(

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Dr.Terror on September 27, 2022, 09:42:24 AM
If we get a full set of Luminators before AHI styled W, F, D, and M something is wrong.

I really don't think they have plans for more AHI tribute figures, but I don't know it. It would surprise me though.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on September 27, 2022, 07:59:28 PM
I really don't think they have plans for more AHI tribute figures, but I don't know it. It would surprise me though.

I dunno how they could pull it off, Shannon. The difference between the AHI Creature and the rest being the others had fabric clothing/bandages. Also, AHI Dracula has a Bela likeness. I am happy with the 2 Ceechies if they stop there.

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 27, 2022, 08:04:26 PM
I dunno how they could pull it off, Shannon. The difference between the AHI Creature and the rest being the others had fabric clothing/bandages. Also, AHI Dracula has a Bela likeness. I am happy with the 2 Ceechies if they stop there.

Im sure most would be happy with the Wave 1 sculpts simply painted AHI style in AHI style packaging instead of unpainted translucent plastic.    Nobody expects new sculpts for those and certainly not cloth clothing.

The Luminators kit was Kharis but that didnt them using wave 1 Karloff.

MonsterBaker666

Yeah, they could just slap a different coat of paint on their original figures, put them in AHI style boxes, and we'd buy them.  I probably would.

Dr.Terror

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on September 28, 2022, 08:20:56 AM
Yeah, they could just slap a different coat of paint on their original figures, put them in AHI style boxes, and we'd buy them.  I probably would.

Its a much better idea than Luminators versions thats for sure.