Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Got mine a few minutes ago.

Son of Frank looks good - SO much better than the catalog picture.

Like everyone is saying, "muted" colors.
ADAM

Trap-Door Maker

Arrrrgggghhh! My order was delivered this afternoon, but the box had been ripped open and everything inside stolen! So angry/disappointed right now. It was sent via USPS Priority Mail, so hopefully it's insured and I can receive a replacement set from Super7.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Trap-Door Maker on December 02, 2021, 05:16:54 PM
My order was delivered this afternoon, but the box had been ripped open and everything inside stolen!

Where was the box put? Front step/porch?

(Rhetorical question) Why would somebody stand there and rip open a box and rummage thru it, instead of just running off with it?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Count Zachula

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 02, 2021, 06:41:08 PM

(Rhetorical question) Why would somebody stand there and rip open a box and rummage thru it, instead of just running off with it?

Raccoons? Possums? Gremlins?

Trap-Door Maker

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 02, 2021, 06:41:08 PM

It was left inside of our apartment building next to our mailboxes. I was curious about the same thing – so much easier to just run off with the box, which was pretty small. Makes me wonder if the box was empty before it was delivered (it was delivered with a bunch of other packages).

Mike Scott

Quote from: Trap-Door Maker on December 02, 2021, 07:26:35 PM
(it was delivered with a bunch of other packages).

What, if anything, happened to those packages?
CREATURE FAN

Trap-Door Maker

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 02, 2021, 08:53:48 PM
What, if anything, happened to those packages?

They were unscathed/untouched! Whoever did this knew how to sniff out the good stuff!!!

Subatomic_Matt

Strange how this series is just slightly taller for Frank and Ardeth Bey than the previous versions of them.

MonsterBaker666

Got mine yesterday.  Very pleased with all of them.  Sure hope Werewolf Of London makes it into the line. 

So time to brring out the Soakies next!!!

michblk

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on December 03, 2021, 07:44:17 AM
Got mine yesterday.  Very pleased with all of them.  Sure hope Werewolf Of London makes it into the line. 

So time to brring out the Soakies next!!!

Yes, I've been waiting for those Soakies for a few years now!

Brian K
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Subatomic_Matt

Curious: how do these fit with the old Burger King kids meal accessories? Mine are in the bottom box in a closet and I really don't want to dig through all that if it's a miss.

MonsterBaker666

I just put my Creature up against the Burger King one.  I'd say the Super 7 figures are about 1/2 inch shorter. 

Subatomic_Matt

Thanks very much! I'd like to put together a playset for these figures and am looking at Playmobil stuff but wondering about the size discrepancy of .75" off.

Subatomic_Matt

Dang, the height difference is really bugging me with Ardeth Bay is really bugging me. Displayed with series 1 and 2, he's taller than both the Monster and the Gill Man.

Think I'll be cutting his ankles/feet off and making those shorter to try and make this a better scale.

Am I weird or does this bother anybody else?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on December 06, 2021, 03:27:54 PM
Think I'll be cutting his ankles/feet off and making those shorter to try and make this a better scale.

Stand the others on tiny boxes.
CREATURE FAN