Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Zachula

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on November 25, 2021, 03:56:52 PM
Very excited to finally get these but they absence of the Werewolf of London is a real drag. I confirmed it with a S7 pal but said-pal didn't know why he got dropped.

Likeness rights issue with Henry Hull maybe?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on November 25, 2021, 04:53:46 PM
Sad people aren't buying because they think that Werewolf Of London might not be in Wave 3. 

Yeah, I'd like a Werewolf Of London figure, but it's not a dealbreaker.  I like The Hunchback.  I like Ygor.  I like the Frankenstein figure from Son Of Frankenstein.  And I kinda like Ardeth Bey.  But I do like these figures, and would like to have the complete set of all the figures in the Waves.  I'd hate to skip one and then later on want the figure only to find it's no longer for sale. 

But to each his own.

It's a deal breaker for me. I didn't want to buy Creature Walks Among Us when I did, but did so because it was hinted the rest of the wave was coming. Now, the rest of the wave isn't coming. Most...but not all. The figures themselves are....well, dopey. The card art is the lure. To have one of my favorites dangling... then pulled away... make me lose any excitement I had for the rest. Throwing money at another Frankenstein, another Mummy, and a couple of deformed humans isn't a big enough lure. I don't expect anyone else to agree or even care what I think about it, but I would feel the same way if they offered the Mad Ghoul or Dracula's Daughter or Kharis and then pulled a Lucy football move like this one. So I am not giving them any of my money this time out. If Werewolf of London comes to existence, I can always find the others on evil bay I'm sure.

aura of foreboding

I will get Ygor, Son, and Ardeth for sure.  Still want Hull, but I'm glad to get Ygor. 

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 25, 2021, 05:01:41 PM
I don't expect anyone else to agree or even care what I think about it, but I would feel the same way if they offered the Mad Ghoul or Dracula's Daughter or Kharis and then pulled a Lucy football move like this one.

I care. I wish it were feasible for companies to keep things completely under wraps from the public the way they could in decades past, so as to never create an expectation that isn't met. Hell, I still curse the long defunct Matchbox for their ruination and discontinuation of the Maxx FX line. And had I seen photos of the Lawrence Talbot mid-transformation or the Bride of Frankenstein that Remco considered as part of a line expansion, and then never gotten them? I woulda flipped out and would likely have attempted an angry letter writing campaign.

So, I get where you're coming from, though it's tempered for me in that, while shown in prototype stage, the Werewolf was never offered. I am hopeful it will still happen - and that's just my hope, I don't know a thing about why it's not available tomorrow nor if it will or will not ever be available.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on November 25, 2021, 09:03:30 PM
I care. I wish it were feasible for companies to keep things completely under wraps from the public the way they could in decades past, so as to never create an expectation that isn't met. Hell, I still curse the long defunct Matchbox for their ruination and discontinuation of the Maxx FX line. And had I seen photos of the Lawrence Talbot mid-transformation or the Bride of Frankenstein that Remco considered as part of a line expansion, and then never gotten them? I woulda flipped out and would likely have attempted an angry letter writing campaign.

So, I get where you're coming from, though it's tempered for me in that, while shown in prototype stage, the Werewolf was never offered. I am hopeful it will still happen - and that's just my hope, I don't know a thing about why it's not available tomorrow nor if it will or will not ever be available.

There are quite a few stingers over the years that I feel annoyed about too. Amok Time's 1/6 scale It, the Terror from Beyond Space, The EMCE Universal Monsters lunchbox, and Mrs. Bates Mezco roto plush figure are all high on the list of Lucy football items.

Dr.Terror

The tooling and art has been made for them.  Im sure all 6 will be available.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

MonsterBaker666

I'm waiting...I'm waiting...Put 'em up now, please. 

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

MonsterBaker666

Ordered all 4 - Ygor, Son Of Frankenstein, Ardeth Bey, and The Hunchback.

Dr.Terror

No WOL.....smooth move Stupid7.  How do you mess up the license for Henry Hull but keep Lugosi?  They already had him tooled. Oh well...  Gotta make sure they pop out figures of garbage hip hop artists though.  Good grief🤦‍♂️.    Something tells me they knew about ths for awhile thats why CWAU was released seperatel. So it could be a 4 figure.12 figs.   I dont think they even make wave 2 anymore.   

And can someone explain why Frank's sleeves are red and his oants are blue.😂

I wouldnt hold my hand on my a(*at*)$ waiting on the soapies either. 
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

AndyFish

Werewolf was the one I really wanted, don't care about the Hunchback, definitely causing me to pause ordering any of them.  Price point is silly for what you get.

Dr.Terror

There is ZERO excuse for these figures being more than $10.     

MonsterBaker666

Overpriced..yeah, but they've been overpriced since day one. 

As to the licensing deals...who knows what happened.  And we might just see Werewolf Of London in the future if whatever the problem is gets worked out.  Maybe the deal was limited, and because of Covid and manufacturing problems, the deal ran out before they could get the figures made.  I mean the entire series was postponed and delayed with the exception of The Creature Walks Among Us figure. 

I'd LOVE to get the Soakies, but who knows when or if they will ever be released. 

I think these figures, unlike the NECA ones, are pretty much aimed at adults who got the Remco figures in the 1970s - they weren't very detailed back then at this size.  The NECA figures are larger and highly detailed. 

I can understand people skipping this wave, and it's likely this will be the end of the line, unless they do variants or glow in the dark figures like The Metaluna Mutant. 

TheMadScientist

Yeah, not particularly interested in any of these. Probably just going to save my dollars for the NECA figures/other stuff.