Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearliath

Because this is a forum where we are allowed to discuss even speculative things, it has to be a licensing issue. Other monsters are also sold out and they are on the card back. One thing I think is odd about the back of the card for both Wave 2 figures and CWAU is how the monsters are numbered. Wave 2 figures are listed as 1-6 and Wave 1 figures are listed as 7-11 and CWAU is not listed in the listing but it's picture is displayed along with "New Figure".

Odd about the Hunchback. He was displayed with the others at Toyfair.  All the others except Hunchback are available for pre-order (at Amok Time for example).

Toy Fair photos of Hunchback figure and card back:
https://www.allhallowsgeek.com/toy-fair-new-york-2020-super7s-horror-reaction-figure-reveals/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7eK2A2AIe7/?igshid=1i7ev4phvcnee

favoritemonsters

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

VulcansFury

Quote from: fearliath on December 16, 2020, 09:06:17 AM
Because this is a forum where we are allowed to discuss even speculative things, it has to be a licensing issue.

Except you've been passing off your "speculation" like you had the inside scoop and it was a fact. But hey, Diamond Select no longer sells their Metaluna Select figure OR their retro 8" version, so yep it MUST be the licensing!!!! Or........not.

Got a source about the Metaluna licensing?

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 16, 2020, 02:44:18 AM
OK. I guess I can't tell you why I don't believe in flying saucers, either.

Why are you unable to tell me why you don't believe in flying saucers, and what does that have to do with charater licensing?

I am not at liberty to tell you why I think the Metaluna Mutant is not currently being licensed by Universal, hence my answer of "I don't think that's public knowledge" when you asked. If it is public knowledge, I'll be happy to point out the disclosure or have it pointed out to me.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

fearliath

Quote from: favoritemonsters on December 16, 2020, 09:12:15 AM
...and where's The Munsters ?

If I recall back during the Funko/Super 7 partnership they were going to do Munsters as well but it never ended up materializing. I really hope it does this time.

marsattacks666

Quote from: fearliath on December 16, 2020, 02:05:18 PM
If I recall back during the Funko/Super 7 partnership they were going to do Munsters as well but it never ended up materializing. I really hope it does this time.

I hope so, too.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: favoritemonsters on December 16, 2020, 09:12:15 AM
...and where's The Munsters ?

As of ten minutes ago, Munsters ReAction W1 - Herman, Lily, and Grandpa, remain on the wholesale site with a 15 Feb 2021 - 17 Mar 2021 release window. My fingers are crossed.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: VulcansFury on December 16, 2020, 02:59:41 AM
So, baseless speculation then.

Not on my part, no. I wouldn't do that to ya.

Quote from: VulcansFury on December 16, 2020, 02:59:41 AM
"REEEEEEE THE SKY IS FALLLLIIIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!". Look, I'll be the first to admit that Super7 has never been the most forthcoming on being transparent on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. But all this Chicken Little screeching with NO official mention of cancellation is getting to be a bit much from everyone doing so.

I must have missed it, but who's claiming something was cancelled?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 16, 2020, 02:08:43 PM
As of ten minutes ago, Munsters ReAction W1 - Herman, Lily, and Grandpa, remain on the wholesale site with a 15 Feb 2021 - 17 Mar 2021 release window. My fingers are crossed.

**Sigh** Shannon, Shannon, Shannon....there you go with that pesky wholesaler ordering and solicitation information again.  ;) ;) One might think you actually know something. 8) 8) ;) ;) Thanks for the scoop on TCWAU....and.... other things.

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 16, 2020, 02:04:41 PM
I am not at liberty . . .

Those are the words I wanted to hear!  :)  Now I know that you know and aren't just guessing.

Unless it's part of the stuff you can't talk about, why is the Mutant licensed separately? (Or is it?)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: fearliath on December 16, 2020, 09:06:17 AM

Odd about the Hunchback. He was displayed with the others at Toyfair.  All the others except Hunchback are available for pre-order (at Amok Time for example).

You know how this sort of thing works with Amok Time, BBTS, EE, MiM etc. They put items up for preorder the moment they catch wind of something, all in a mad rush to get that order before a competitor. To my knowledge, the werewolf from Werewolf of London, Imhotep from The Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster and Ygor from Son of Frankenstein, nor Quasimodo have never yet been solcited at wholesale.

Just to be clear, I am in no way suggesting they are cancelled. I'm pointing out that, to my knowledge, they have never been officialy scheduled. We know S7 was aiming for a Fall 2020 release BEFORE the pandemic hit.

fearliath

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 16, 2020, 02:26:08 PM
You know how this sort of thing works with Amok Time, BBTS, EE, MiM etc. They put items up for preorder the moment they catch wind of something, all in a mad rush to get that order before a competitor. To my knowledge, the werewolf from Werewolf of London, Imhotep from The Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster and Ygor from Son of Frankenstein, nor Quasimodo have never yet been solcited at wholesale.

Just to be clear, I am in no way suggesting they are cancelled. I'm pointing out that, to my knowledge, they have never been officially scheduled. We know S7 was aiming for a Fall 2020 release BEFORE the pandemic hit.

Yeah, I hope it happens. I have been wanting a 3.75" Quasimodo to go with my Remco Mini Monsters since I was like 5. The others are all just surprising icing on the cake.

Anton Phibes

Werewolf of London is the figure I am most excited for from the Toy Fair reveals. He doesn't get a whole lot of facetime, and the card art for him is awesome.

aura of foreboding

I don't think anyone thinks Wave 3 is canceled.  At least not in these last few pages.  Not sure where that came from?  I've been talking about The Mutant, and I think everyone else has...