Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

"The Shape of Water" had a pretty good ending to the Gillman saga. Creech finally gets the girl, and they live happily ever after. I'm not a big fan of the Super 7 figures, but this wave is pretty damn good (minus that dreadful Ygor).

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 22, 2020, 01:41:01 PM

Must be a Lugosi rights thing on Ygor?

I don't think it is. The reason he has a hole in his face (that looks like missing teeth) is for an un-pictured flute accessory. That is... if my sources are correct. :angel:

Count Zachula

Quote from: Mord on February 22, 2020, 07:07:43 PM
"The Shape of Water" had a pretty good ending to the Gillman saga. Creech finally gets the girl, and they live happily ever after. I'm not a big fan of the Super 7 figures, but this wave is pretty damn good (minus that dreadful Ygor).

At least we're actually getting an Ygor figure, considering the only other officially licensed one is by Sideshow a number or years back.  I for one could not be happier with everything Super 7 has produced of the monsters.
Sad this will probably be the last series they make for this line.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 22, 2020, 07:57:55 PM
The reason he has a hole in his face (that looks like missing teeth) is for an un-pictured flute accessory.

I just meant that it doesn't look much like Lugosi.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 23, 2020, 12:06:44 AM
I just meant that it doesn't look much like Lugosi.

Lol, none of them look like anyone actor specific. I thought you were talking about the toothless thing he had going on. The main reason to have these is the lovely card art in my opinion. The figures are neat enough, but the card art is phenomenal.

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 22, 2020, 07:57:55 PM
I don't think it is. The reason he has a hole in his face (that looks like missing teeth) is for an un-pictured flute accessory. That is... if my sources are correct. :angel:

That's confusing. You don't hold a flute with your teeth/mouth. And even if it were, the articulation won't allow him to hold it.

I wonder why they chose to do this?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on February 23, 2020, 01:15:24 AM
That's confusing. You don't hold a flute with your teeth/mouth. And even if it were, the articulation won't allow him to hold it.

I wonder why they chose to do this?

Looks more like a bearded Popeye without his pipe.  But the card is pretty.
ADAM

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 23, 2020, 01:18:35 AM
Looks more like a bearded Popeye without his pipe.  But the card is pretty.

I forgot that his flute is built more like a recorder. My mistake.

Still wish he didn't have a tooth gap. Maybe I can fill that in with putty and paint it to match.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 23, 2020, 12:27:43 AM

Lol, none of them look like anyone actor specific.

I disagree, actually.  I think the Ardeth Bey looks like Lugosi, while the Werewolf of London looks like Karloff.  I'm not being facetious.  I see it.  The spot-on one is the Chaney Hunchback, though.  I usually dislike Hunchback merchandise, but I like this guy. 

That being said, I love all of them and will buy two sets as I've done with every other S7 release.  This is my favorite scale.  Wish we would have gotten playsets.  Wish we would have gotten Henry Frankenstein.  But I'll take these and be happy.  As for Ygor, I think it's weird if the flute accessory can't be supported by the arms...  Maybe we'll get arms that coordinate with the flute on the final release?

Really looking forward to the Michael and Laurie Strode too.

None of these characters are characters that have not been done before by Sideshow except for Revenge of the Creature, which gives me hope we might see some additional characters.  Sideshow did every single other one, either in 12", 8", or LBH scale, but the Revenge figure was new.  Now, if we were to get a Series 4...  I'd want a Henry Frankenstein, an Alucard, a Countess Zaleska, a Maleva, a Van Helsing, a Renfield, and a Bela the Gypsy.  Oh, yes, along with a Frankenstein's lab playset and a Dracula's castle playset.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Mars Attacks. From the fantastic cards series.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: Count Zachula on February 02, 2020, 12:24:27 AM
I love the Misfits figures. I have every single one. They look awesome all together.

Very cool Count!

geezer butler

deadonarrival

I noticed they're still only showing 3 Munsters figures (herman, lily & grampa). Do you think it will remain a 3 figure set or maybe expand it to their normal 6 figures per wave/set?
Obviously eddie and marilyn but would the 3rd be uncle gilbert? Seems the other culture vulture companies are adding gil to the line up of Munsters when they do them.

I do love the Munsters but my dislike of flava flynn and crew makes me want to avoid it all. 😞