Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearliath

Quote from: deadonarrival on September 26, 2019, 07:17:18 PM
What year?

I've been told multiple times by multiple Super 7 people (who make the decisions) that the Super Soakies would be released. They showed them at Toy Fair this year. They listed them as a June release date. That didn't happen. Then at SDCC they said soon. Well, it's October and NYCC is happening and nothing. Frankly, I'm starting to lose faith. I'd be pretty upset if those got shelved. My worry now is how long can they keep the Universal license? From what I've seen in recent history is no one keeps those all that long. Heck, maybe they never got final approval from Universal. I don't know, but I'm getting nervous.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on October 03, 2019, 05:19:14 PM
I don't know, but I'm getting nervous.

If we get much past Halloween, I'm gonna move on. Just another lunchbox!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Devlin

The Alien Soakies will be here before the Monsters. After Halloween (but this year), is my understanding.

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 03, 2019, 05:37:35 PM
If we get much past Halloween, I'm gonna move on. Just another lunchbox!

I want these so much more than the lunchbox. They are so unique I don't see anyone doing it again. A good looking lunchbox is more likely.

Quote from: Devlin on October 03, 2019, 06:23:31 PM
The Alien Soakies will be here before the Monsters. After Halloween (but this year), is my understanding.

The Monsters will be here this year or just Aliens?

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on October 03, 2019, 07:05:00 PM
I want these so much more than the lunchbox. They are so unique I don't see anyone doing it again.

I wasn't really comparing the two. The lunchbox was just the last big thing that everybody wanted and didn't get.
CREATURE FAN

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 03, 2019, 08:09:58 PM
I wasn't really comparing the two. The lunchbox was just the last big thing that everybody wanted and didn't get.

I knew what you meant, but I preferred the lunchbox too as it was great art.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 03, 2019, 08:19:58 PM
I knew what you meant, but I preferred the lunchbox too as it was great art.
Same here. That was a crime.

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 03, 2019, 08:09:58 PM

Yeah, I know you weren't comparing. For me, these would be a bigger disappointment than even that.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on October 03, 2019, 09:24:58 PM
For me, these would be a bigger disappointment than even that.

I'd sure like to have the Creature one! Got a lot of good stuff from Super 7 this year, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
CREATURE FAN

Anton Phibes

I don't know if people are complaining rather than worrying. We all know the Universal Monsters don't seem to sell as well as things like Jason and Freddy or Masters of the Universe, TMNT etc. So I think some of us are worried/concerned that some of the plans won't come to fruition to make room for bigger money brands. It's what happened with Sideshow after all....or so we're told.

LordMudd

I have no interest in Jason or Freddy except maybe as custom fodder and I HATE MotU.

CCC.

aura of foreboding

Since they are already working on Wave 3 of the Reaction figures, I have no fear we will see everything they've already shown us:  Puzzles, Soakies, and the rest.  If there weren't Wave 3 plans, then I'd be worried. 

Subatomic_Matt

For anybody at NYCC, does Super7 have a panel or anything? Could we still get news of the Soakies and Reaction series 3?

AndyFish

Super7 might take a while to get a product into production but I don't think they've failed to deliver on anything they've promoted, so I'm not worried here.   I'm not worried anyway, these are just toys folks, but I think they'll be made.

Mord

Quote from: AndyFish on October 04, 2019, 11:43:27 AM
  I'm not worried anyway, these are just toys folks, but I think they'll be made.

"Just toys"? What the hell is wrong with you?