Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

The Uni monsters still have a cool edge to them. Many young fans get incredibly detailed portraits tattooed on their arms, legs and other parts. It's something other icons from that era don't inspire. I have never seen a Clark Gable tattoo on any person's arm. Karloff, Chaney, Lugosi...different story. Though, Bela Jr. might ask you to pay a licensing fee (knowing him).

Count Zachula

Quote from: fearliath on July 22, 2019, 03:04:08 PM
I think so as well. It also bodes well that much of the stuff they have previously had is sold out so it doesn't even show up (not sitting on inventory would seem to incentivize making more and taking some risks). I think they might even be surprised how well those Super Soakies will sell. I think those have some pretty broad appeal. I have heard them say multiple times how surprised they were by how popular some of the monster stuff has been (the Super Buckets and the overwhelming attendance at last years Boodega being among them). I feel somewhat of a mini renaissance with the Universal Monsters, even among a much younger crowd. Creature is a big hit among that crowd but so are some of the others. I was talking to a 25 year old (very normal and well adjusted) girl the other day and she was a huge Frankenstein fan. Collected like crazy. So, there is hope this will continue.

I just turned 30.  I've been collecting since I was a teen. Although I'm not normal and well adjusted...

Mord

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on July 22, 2019, 03:04:08 PM
I think they might even be surprised how well those Super Soakies will sell.

The Creature better not be a LE only available at a west coast con!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2019, 04:34:50 PM
The Creature better not be a LE only available at a west coast con!

West coast rules! Take that flyover states.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Mord

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2019, 04:59:01 PM
Where you gonna swim to? Alcatraz?

Have you ever been to Alcatraz? It's a pretty cool place. All they need is Wi-Fi.  There's also Catalina.

Subatomic_Matt

Super7's Instagram/Facebook says Boodega stuff will be available tomorrow (7/23) at noon Pacific Standard Time.

Mike Scott

Thanks, Matt!

I know there won't be any towels and I hear the puzzles are plentiful, so I'm not sure there's much I need to dive for, but I'll probably get something.  :)
CREATURE FAN

Subatomic_Matt

I gotta stave off the temptation to get the SDCC figures and save my money for the regular ones since I buy multiples.

Dammmn they need to release those soon.

Joseph_Baeza

I purchased the SDCC exclusive figures at Boodega last Thursday and they do not disappoint! In fact, I like the figures more than the original set.  I also picked up the bloody Nosferatu and GITD Garloo at Con.

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on July 22, 2019, 11:33:04 PM
I purchased the SDCC exclusive figures at Boodega last Thursday and they do not disappoint! In fact, I like the figures more than the original set.  I also picked up the bloody Nosferatu and GITD Garloo at Con.

They look great, no doubt about that. But  they don't "go" with the standard line and they don't continue the line from SDCC last year. Neat looking, to be sure, but I have to remind myself that I want to get those Keshi boxes and that the standard Reactions will be out hopefully soon. It's just a matter of having to pick and choose for me, which is something I'm not used to. Ordinarily I'd buy it all up... but now I have to be a little more selective.