Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

I understand scalpers.  They're human scum, making big bucks off something they had no hand in producing.

I don't understand why a manufacturer who could easily sell many more units, and has repeated past experiences to inform them of that fact, would be willing to set up situations that so poorly serve their final consumers - consumers that are obviously anxious to be dedicated buyers.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 19, 2019, 12:37:36 AM
I understand scalpers.  They're human scum, making big bucks off something they had no hand in producing.

I don't understand why a manufacturer who could easily sell many more units, and has repeated past experiences to inform them of that fact, would be willing to set up situations that so poorly serve their final consumers - consumers that are obviously anxious to be dedicated buyers.

This is a problem everywhere with all sorts of companies.  The easy answer is don't make limited runs on items OR make limited runs and then produce variants that aren't scalper material, which Super 7 has done in the past with the masks and the figures, and I am hoping they will do with this Creature towel. 

LordMudd

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: fearliath on July 18, 2019, 09:13:39 PM
I don't think they'll be as late as last year. They're further along at this point than they were on Series 1... but sometimes Chinese factories don't make things easy.

Pretty excited about that Dr. Caligari

Hopefully they won't get delayed. Seeing all the exclusives just makes me want the regular ones al the more!

Caligari looks neat... wonder who else they'll make besides Cesare?

PS - I'd love a "London After Midnight" Chaney!

Dr. Acula

Since they've been doing silent movie ReAction figs of late, I'm hoping for a Wegener Golem eventually.

Subatomic_Matt

A Golem would be great!

With the Hitchcock they made it had me hoping for a William Castle!

Count Zachula

I love the smell of plastic in the morning...

Went over to Super7 yesterday morning to wait in line for the BOODEGA. Wasn't too bad, only 20 minute wait and they had TONS of the mini figures and Keshi figures. I think they only sold out of the GPK cards and candles. They only allowed one per customer so I had my friend buy me some extra's so I can keep some in those beautiful boxes.  These might be some of my favorite figures they've ever released! So colorful...the Keshi figures have super nice sculpts as well.  Also snagged some Worst figures and a new Misfits release. I'll try to take more pics later!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Count Zachula on July 19, 2019, 01:29:52 PM

Those are some wild colors!!

Did they sell out of beach towels?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Count Zachula

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 19, 2019, 03:14:43 PM
Those are some wild colors!!

Did they sell out of beach towels?

Yes! That was the other thing they sold out of, forgot to mention.

deadonarrival

Quote from: Count Zachula on July 19, 2019, 01:29:52 PM

Went over to Super7 yesterday morning to wait in line for the BOODEGA. Wasn't too bad, only 20 minute wait and they had TONS of the mini figures and Keshi figures. I think they only sold out of the GPK cards and candles. They only allowed one per customer so I had my friend buy me some extra's so I can keep some in those beautiful boxes.  These might be some of my favorite figures they've ever released! So colorful...the Keshi figures have super nice sculpts as well.  Also snagged some Worst figures and a new Misfits release. I'll try to take more pics later!

Awesome assortment of stuff! I love the eye popping color!!!

BRICK

Quote from: Count Zachula on July 19, 2019, 03:17:15 PM
Yes! That was the other thing they sold out of, forgot to mention.

WHY DO PEOPLE "LIKE" THIS NEWS??  :o
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on July 19, 2019, 05:03:19 PM
WHY DO PEOPLE "LIKE" THIS NEWS??  :o

I don't. I often use the "like" to acknowledge that I read the post.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 19, 2019, 05:06:18 PM
I don't. I often use the "like" to acknowledge that I read the post.
Same here. It's my way of thanking a fellow UMAer for actually taking the time to post (rather than just "ghosting").

AndyFish

Sales clerk said they sold out of towels two hours into the first night's opening-- like the Wolfman beard cream last year.    I love these guys-- they really do make the stuff fans would make.

Subatomic_Matt

Thanks for all those colorful pictures! I told myself I was gonna Dave my money on the exclusive figures for extras of the standard releases but they look so great!

I love seeing all this UM merchandise and the attention these characters are getting!

What do you all think about the Keishi figures? Is it worth the money to get the giant boxes online?