Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

The Playmobil sarcophagus also comes in brown.

Subatomic_Matt

Some great suggestions!! Thanks very much!!

The Taco Bell set is pretty great, it only I knew more about painting stuff. I kinda like to play around with my toys and would be worried if scuff it up.

Re: Playmobil, it looks good and I know their stuff is sturdy. I've also had my eye on this and wonder if it would be any good:

https://www.amazon.com/PLAYMOBIL®-Take-Along-Haunted-House/dp/B079NS3S72

fearliath

A bit of news in relation to the Super 7 Comic Con Boodega that starts tonight. The Garbage Pail Kids cards will not be exclusive. They'll be available after so don't get gouged on eBay if you're after those. I can't guarantee it but I'm very confident the Creature puzzle will also be available after comic con. I don't believe it's an exclusive so don't get gouged on that either.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on July 17, 2019, 07:18:27 PM
I can't guarantee it but I'm very confident the Creature puzzle will also be available after comic con.

Available where? Nobody's taking pre-orders for anything but the glasses, as far as I know. Of course, nobody's taking pre-orders for some of those other things that are not exclusives, either.

Anyway, if you see things on the S7 site after the con, give a holler!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 17, 2019, 07:48:11 PM
Available where? Nobody's taking pre-orders for anything but the glasses, as far as I know. Of course, nobody's taking pre-orders for some of those other things that are not exclusives, either.

Anyway, if you see things on the S7 site after the con, give a holler!

I imagine online at some point. The reason I say I think they aren't exclusive is, as I have been told, most of the items at the Boodega have limits on how many can be purchased per customer (for example 2 of those Keshi's Per customer, 1 Creature Towel per customer). However, on the puzzles there is no limit to how many a customer can purchase indicating they aren't an exclusive because there are a lot of them. I may have been misinformed but it was a fairly reliable source.

TheMadScientist

Quote from: fearliath on July 17, 2019, 07:18:27 PM
A bit of news in relation to the Super 7 Comic Con Boodega that starts tonight. The Garbage Pail Kids cards will not be exclusive. They'll be available after so don't get gouged on eBay if you're after those. I can't guarantee it but I'm very confident the Creature puzzle will also be available after comic con. I don't believe it's an exclusive so don't get gouged on that either.

Thanks for the heads up! So it sounds like the Creature towel will be an exclusive? Thanks again.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on July 17, 2019, 08:16:18 PM
1 Creature Towel per customer

Uh-Oh!

Quote from: fearliath on July 17, 2019, 08:16:18 PM
However, on the puzzles there is no limit to how many a customer can purchase indicating they aren't an exclusive because there are a lot of them.

Cool!
CREATURE FAN

Subatomic_Matt

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on July 17, 2019, 09:59:37 PM
Dang, I was hoping to get a towel online!

Keep checking the Super 7 site after the con is over. You never know?
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

That's what I'm gonna do.  Last year, we got different things on different days.  I want the towel, puzzle, and the Wolf Man mask. 

Subatomic_Matt

I really wanted the Mummy TP, Frankenstein's Monster lighter and those kind of little neat things last year. This year it's the coloring book, masks, towel, puzzle and glasses. I know I can get the buckets online later. The figures are neat but I want the standard releases much more. I think if they'd done a second wave of the bright colors like last year I would've been more enthused.

And speaking of the standard figures...

I'm curious if the non-SDCC goodies for this year will be released before Halloween. It was sorta disappointing that they didn't get them out last year until mid-October. Anybody at SDCC feel like asking somebody in the know?

AndyFish

Trouble is they don't know-- they're at the mercy of shipments coming from China.  I was at the shop last SDCC and asked and they said the regular figures would definitely be in store by early September and as stated above it was like a week before Halloween.

These guys are great, they're trying hard, but they are a tiny company made up of fans of this stuff.

fearliath

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on July 14, 2019, 10:40:18 PM
Anybody going to SDCC or have a way to get questions to Brian Flynn?

I'm curious if they're considering more Reaction figures for next year. Series 3 would be easy:

Henry Hull's "Werewolf of London"
"Son of Frankenstein" Monster
Ygor
Quasimodo from 1932's "Hunchback"
Gill-Man from "Creature Walks Among Us"
Ardeth Bey

A few things that I heard from the Boodega (I know someone who went and spoke with someone who definitely knows):

Attendance
There were at least twice as many people on the opening night this year as there were last year (I went last year and there were a lot of people). This year there was a line all the way up one city block and down 3/4 of the next block before it even opened. There was apparently no small degree of interest.

Boodega Exclusive Reaction Figures
They look WAY cooler in person than in pictures. They actually look amazing. I usually don't like that kind of weird paint scheme stuff but they look like candy monster art.

Future Reaction Figures
I know they are making at least 2 of the Reaction characters on your list as part of UM Series 3 and I'm almost certain that at least one of the others is in Series 3. I've only only heard of three of them so some of the others you listed may be included as well. They are also in the early stages of working on a Series 4 (but of course that completely depends on how Series 2 and 3 sell). I can't say the characters quite yet because then people get sued and they don't get made. That would make me very sad.  They likely won't be showing the sculpts until Toy Fair because the want to have them finished before showing including card art.

Super Soakies
The Super Soakies are still coming.

Monster Puzzles
The back of the Creature puzzle box says "Collect all Four" and shows pictures of Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Mummy in addition to the Creature. I believe those as well as the Creature puzzle itself will be in wide release this fall. I know the Creature one will be for sure.

Creature Towels
I'm pretty sure these will be sold out. Sorry. Keep checking their website after Comic Con but I can't imagine those aren't gone. Everyone was buying them. Then again, everyone was buying everything.

deadonarrival

Quote from: fearliath on July 18, 2019, 04:14:21 PM
A few things that I heard from the Boodega (I know someone who went and spoke with someone who definitely knows):

Attendance
There were at least twice as many people on the opening night this year as there were last year (I went last year and there were a lot of people). This year there was a line all the way up one city block and down 3/4 of the next block before it even opened. There was apparently no small degree of interest.

Boodega Exclusive Reaction Figures
They look WAY cooler in person than in pictures. They actually look amazing. I usually don't like that kind of weird paint scheme stuff but they look like candy monster art.

Future Reaction Figures
I know they are making at least 2 of the Reaction characters on your list as part of UM Series 3 and I'm almost certain that at least one of the others is in Series 3. I've only only heard of three of them so some of the others you listed may be included as well. They are also in the early stages of working on a Series 4 (but of course that completely depends on how Series 2 and 3 sell). I can't say the characters quite yet because then people get sued and they don't get made. That would make me very sad.  They likely won't be showing the sculpts until Toy Fair because the want to have them finished before showing including card art.

Super Soakies
The Super Soakies are still coming.

Monster Puzzles
The back of the Creature puzzle box says "Collect all Four" and shows pictures of Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Mummy in addition to the Creature. I believe those as well as the Creature puzzle itself will be in wide release this fall. I know the Creature one will be for sure.

Creature Towels
I'm pretty sure these will be sold out. Sorry. Keep checking their website after Comic Con but I can't imagine those aren't gone. Everyone was buying them. Then again, everyone was buying everything.

Thats a good call on the puzzles. I thought it was odd they'd only do one. Its a nicely done classy looking item.
Sadly i think the one thing i wanted will be sold out. Those keshi packs have flooded feebay over night. :(

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on July 18, 2019, 04:14:21 PM
Creature Towels
I'm pretty sure these will be sold out.

Damn! I suppose you won't be able to get them at the con, then.
CREATURE FAN