Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 03, 2019, 12:23:19 PM
Who cares what YOU like?  You are only a potential customer.

Marketing genius.
You're right, Adam. Make a product EVERYBODY likes and make sure nobody gets it. Who would have thought of such an ingenious marketing strategy.? I hope nobody else steals that brilliant idea.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

StyreneDude

He couldn't give away any specifics, but I did hear from Ed Repka today and he confirmed he's currently painting the series 3 Universal Monster card backs for Super7, and that series 3 will be another six figures.

YES!!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: StyreneDude on July 03, 2019, 01:04:24 PM
He couldn't give away any specifics, but I did hear from Ed Repka today and he confirmed he's currently painting the series 3 Universal Monster card backs for Super7, and that series 3 will be another six figures.

YES!!

I hope there's a Werewolf of London and Dracula's Daughter somewhere in the mix.

fearliath

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 03, 2019, 12:23:19 PM
Who cares what YOU like?  You are only a potential customer.

Marketing genius.

Well, they're selling a lot of stuff so, objectively speaking, it's working.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: fearliath on July 03, 2019, 04:17:30 PM
Well, they're selling a lot of stuff so, objectively speaking, it's working.

Yeah.  Why try to sell more and develop a solid base of customer loyalty?

Masterful marketing.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 03, 2019, 01:23:20 PM
I hope there's a Werewolf of London and Dracula's Daughter somewhere in the mix.

Some of my wishlist:  Glenn Strange Frankenstein, Son of Dracula Alucard, Kharis, Werewolf of London, Henry Frankenstein, Van Helsing, Renfield, Dracula's Daughter Countess Zaleska...  But I'm sure we're going to get a Hunchback.  *sigh*   

Mike Scott

The only one I know they are doing for sure, is "Revenge of the Creature".
CREATURE FAN

BRICK

Good news!!! I'm going to the ESRI Convention at the SDCC next week so I will be right around the corner from the Super-7 store!!!  :)

Bad news!!! All the new Universal Monsters Boodega items don't go on sale until the following week!!! >:(

Now I know how Tantalus felt!!!
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on July 03, 2019, 05:18:53 PM
Bad news!!! All the new Universal Monsters Boodega items don't go on sale until the following week!!!

Ah, you're no fun.
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 03, 2019, 05:18:24 PM
The only one I know they are doing for sure, is "Revenge of the Creature".

That's series 2, right? 

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

fearliath

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 03, 2019, 04:34:22 PM
Yeah.  Why try to sell more and develop a solid base of customer loyalty?

Masterful marketing.

They're pretty popular. I think they have.As evidence this is page 86 and counting of posts right here dedicated to their stuff. I'm not even defending them. I'd love it if those creature towels were freely available, I'd buy 4. But I understand their marketing strategy and history proves it works. Convention exclusives are what every company does.

fearliath

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 03, 2019, 05:12:47 PM
Some of my wishlist:  Glenn Strange Frankenstein, Son of Dracula Alucard, Kharis, Werewolf of London, Henry Frankenstein, Van Helsing, Renfield, Dracula's Daughter Countess Zaleska...  But I'm sure we're going to get a Hunchback.  *sigh*

It would not surprise me at all if they did a Creature Walks Among Us. And I'll take a Hunchback as it's never been done in this scale. I would love some Human figures (Van Helsing, Henry Frankenstein, Bela the Gypsy, Ygor)

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 03, 2019, 05:23:17 PM

The one coming up next.

Yeah, and Ed Repka is painting for the following set, series 3.  :)