Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadonarrival

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 27, 2019, 08:29:18 PM
I think the Green Franks will also be popular. 

Not crazy about the other colors.  The Purple is too dark to show detail very well and the White (glow?) is funny looking.  I kinda wish they had stuck to the industry standard of Blue, Green, Red and Yellow - with the White as a chase figure.  The Orange is OK.  I wonder why they chose the colors they did. 

If these sell very well, they may offer them in other colors in the future in the time-honored spirit of "NEVER GIVE UP ON A SCULPT UNTIL THE MARKET HAS BEEN SATURATED AND THE COLLECTORS EXHAUSTED"

LOL! Aint that the truth???

I agree about the green frank being another htf and pricey one.
I cant be sure but i think the colors were chosen as being halloween-esque. Since at least the 60's green and purple have joined the traditional black and orange. And glow is REALLY popular with the younger collectors.

I too think the purple they used is too dark but until i have it in hand i cant be sure (purple is a hard color to capture accurately)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: deadonarrival on May 27, 2019, 08:44:47 PM
... Since at least the 60's green and purple have joined the traditional black and orange. ...  ... I too think the purple they used is too dark but until i have it in hand i cant be sure (purple is a hard color to capture accurately) 

I think that Purple was added to the Halloween palette expressly because Black tends to show too little detail.  But, if they are going to make the Purple as dark as the catalog pictures, it kinda defeats the whole concept.

We'll have to wait and see what we get in hand. . .  At least they are making SOMETHING fun and cheap.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Universal Monsters Keshi - Super 7 - Series 1 - 2019

Universal Monsters Keshi - Super 7 - Series 2 - 2019

Click on pictures to see larger images.
ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 27, 2019, 10:08:59 PM
Where'd the pics come from?

eBay listing.

Someone is offering both Series for $200 shipping free - and says they will take offers.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 27, 2019, 10:11:37 PM
Someone is offering both Series for $200 shipping free - and says they will take offers.

Thy must have got them wholesale!
CREATURE FAN

Dr. Acula

Regarding the Keshi colors, I like the ones they chose, as these tend to be "Halloweeny" colors suitable for Universal Monsters. I have some in hand, and I do not think that the purple is too dark: the details show up pretty well, much better than they would in black. And the "white" ones are, in fact, glow-in-the-dark.

comixzombie

Got my four in. My gamble paid off. I got Creature(white), Metaluna Mutant(orange), Phantom of the Opera(green), and Revenge of the Creature(also white!).
The boys around here call it "The Black Lagoon"; a paradise. Only they say nobody has ever come back to prove it.

Mord

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 22, 2019, 09:47:34 PM
Says "Bela Lugosi" on the sticker, so it has to be licensed by Lugosi Ent.

What a complete and utter waste of the Lugosi license; Jr. is definitely laughing all the way to the bank with that one.  Probably wishes more companies would license generic Dracs through him.

fearliath

Quote from: zombiehorror on May 29, 2019, 07:38:07 PM
What a complete and utter waste of the Lugosi license; Jr. is definitely laughing all the way to the bank with that one.  Probably wishes more companies would license generic Dracs through him.

The licensing of "generic" Dracula's through Lugosi Enterprises is somewhat common.

If you have ever attempted to license anything through both Universal and Lugosi Enterprises ... I'll just say the two parties visions don't always align well.