Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: LordMudd on October 15, 2018, 10:14:37 PM
Unlikely. They have the PotA wave 2 release which should be in the spring. Spacing these helps with budgeting.

CCC.

Too bad. It's hell wondering IF the rest of the "team" will get made or not.

Any bets on the second series? If it's six figures, I'm guessing:
Frankenstein's Monster, the Bride Of Frankenstein, Dracula, the Phantom of the Opera, the Invisible Man and the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wicked Lester

Thanks for the link. Just ordered both Frankie A Wolfy PP's.

WL

Devlin

We should have figures and buckets in stock at Bizarro-Wuxtry in Athens, GA on Friday, if UPS is to be believed.

the_horror_man

The Garloo figure and the packaging is awesome. The packaging is like half the appeal of the piece.

thm

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on October 15, 2018, 10:59:13 PM
Too bad. It's hell wondering IF the rest of the "team" will get made or not.

Any bets on the second series? If it's six figures, I'm guessing:
Frankenstein's Monster, the Bride Of Frankenstein, Dracula, the Phantom of the Opera, the Invisible Man and the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

They're getting made.....unless they absolutely lose their shirts on this first wave. The art is half the process, and it's all turned in and has been for awhile from what I understand. Saving the big boys for the second wave, and releasing z listers (like my boy the Mole Man) in the first wave was just good marketing in my opinion.   We get some A listers like Creechie and Wolfman, and some butt draggers like Moley and Metalunie....it evens out. The next wave is defitniely gonna have Frankenstein, Bride, Invisible Man, and hopefully Dracula (as the art is already produced). Fingers crossed the other two are a regular Pahntom and a Werewolf of London. But I suppose Quasimodo is a possibility.

Mord

Nobody's even mentioned the possibility of a Monolith Monsters figure. That may be the twelfth figure. They'd better not screw up the likeness.

LordMudd

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 16, 2018, 04:33:44 PM
They're getting made.....unless they absolutely lose their shirts on this first wave. The art is half the process, and it's all turned in and has been for awhile from what I understand. Saving the big boys for the second wave, and releasing z listers (like my boy the Mole Man) in the first wave was just good marketing in my opinion.   We get some A listers like Creechie and Wolfman, and some butt draggers like Moley and Metalunie....it evens out. The next wave is defitniely gonna have Frankenstein, Bride, Invisible Man, and hopefully Dracula (as the art is already produced). Fingers crossed the other two are a regular Pahntom and a Werewolf of London. But I suppose Quasimodo is a possibility.

I don't know if it is good marketing or not. They tried it with the Batman 66 line and it tanked.

CCC.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on October 16, 2018, 04:44:22 PM
Nobody's even mentioned the possibility of a Monolith Monsters figure.

I'd buy it!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: LordMudd on October 16, 2018, 04:57:29 PM
I don't know if it is good marketing or not. They tried it with the Batman 66 line and it tanked.

CCC.

That's one example I was thinking of. The Reaction Nightmare Before Christmas ones are another. And a third were  the Universal Monsters Minimates. Hard as hell to find Imhotep way back when and the line died and ended up in clearance bins for awhile after that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a doomsayer. I just REALLY want these to have a chance.

Anton Phibes

Well, maybe thats why they offered the artwork on soda bottles and prints. Because they too are unsure. Oh well. I will continue to believe they are forthcoming until they suffer the Mezco Mrs. Bates fate that nearly destroyed my sanity. 

StyreneDude

The best way to make sure series two figures get made is to buy series one.

I bought three sets, one MOC, one loose, and one for customizing, so I did my part.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: StyreneDude on October 16, 2018, 11:33:47 PM
The best way to make sure series two figures get made is to buy series one.

I bought three sets, one MOC, one loose, and one for customizing, so I did my part.

I supported the line too, so I did my part also.

MrDark1

I support them also-
Lets not let this line die on the vine... er uh, tree, like my oft mentioned fate of the Hallmark Uni Monsters ornaments!