Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Dr. Acula on September 29, 2018, 08:50:09 PM
This looks terrific! And the "Bama" on the tombstone in the background is a nice touch (or is that supposed to be a castle in the distance?). 

I didn't even notice that.

The "BAMA" is on a castle in the far background.  (You can see light from a couple windows in the box art.)  He has a tombstone near his left foot.

EDIT:  You know that does look like a tombstone on the bottom and a castle on the top - like they kind of meld together.

It is listed as being 1/7 scale.  If Jeff is figuring a 6 ft. monster, that would make Frank about 10.25" tall.  If Jeff is figuring a 7 ft. monster, he would be about 12" tall.  Plus whatever the base would add.  Big model.
ADAM

LordMudd

The creature walked among us last night. Funny I haven't seen anyone do that version,

CCC,

Devlin

To clarify matters as to timing: At present, according to the latest solicitation data that my rep sent me Friday, they're taking wholesale orders fpr the Monsters, the orange Fiend, the buckets and the "Paper People," and will start shipping them to wholesale accounts next Monday, the 8th.

Devlin

Also. note that the Great Garloo is not going to wholesale (at least in the short run), so you should probably either get that one at the show or check the Super 7 site after the weekend.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Devlin on October 01, 2018, 10:48:50 AM
To clarify matters as to timing: At present, according to the latest solicitation data that my rep sent me Friday, they're taking wholesale orders fpr the Monsters, the orange Fiend, the buckets and the "Paper People," and will start shipping them to wholesale accounts next Monday, the 8th.

Any idea as to the retailers (either online or brick and mortar) who will be carrying their Universal Monsters figures? Thanks.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 01, 2018, 10:59:42 AM

Any idea as to the retailers (either online or brick and mortar) who will be carrying their Universal Monsters figures? Thanks.

MonstersInMotion.com is taking pre-orders.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 01, 2018, 11:01:47 AM
MonstersInMotion.com is taking pre-orders.

I am looking for a different vendor,lol. Not that I have anything against them....but I have ordered from them in the past and had some hiccups.

Devlin

Anton Phibes: if you're ordering online, I would say your best bet is just to order direct from Super 7. We'll be carrying them at our shop, but we're not really set up for mail-order, and I see no good reason for you to come to us when you can buy direct.

Anton Phibes

Hey Devlin, thanks for the information. I see Amok Time will be a carrier for the product, but they are charging 19.99 per figure. Will these be at FYE and brick and mortar stores since Super 7 doesn't do mail order directly? Or might you know if Big bad Toy Store or others will carry them? Thanks. :angel:

Devlin

Anton: I know that FYE has carried some of their stuff in the past, but if I've ever actually been in one of their stores, it wasn't in this century. Super 7 does in fact have a web store at https://super7.com/. Exclusives from shows and specific retailers don't show up there unless they have leftovers, but any of the regular stuff does. Don't know if they have a database available of retail clients, but we get a decent number of their figures at Bizarro-Wuxtry in Athens, GA. Many of their toys are offered through Diamond to comic shops, though generally a few months after release.

Monsters For Sale

New video:

https://youtu.be/nHWb1DcuMuU    -    Buckets at about the 6:20 mark.

For those of you who can stand the "cute".  (And I don't mean the toys.)
ADAM

Palifan

These buckets are a lot bigger than  I expected and I might get them for my boys to have for halloween. I don't think they look too bad really and are just a bit of fun, obviously they're not like the classic ones I've seen on here but at least they're a lot cheaper.  :D

Ian

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Palifan on October 01, 2018, 04:33:07 PM
These buckets are a lot bigger than  I expected and I might get them for my boys to have for halloween. I don't think they look too bad really and are just a bit of fun, obviously they're not like the classic ones I've seen on here but at least they're a lot cheaper.  :D

Ian

Yeah.  I think the buckets look a lot better in hand.
ADAM

deadonarrival

Sure would have been nice if they put the halloween items up on their site today like they have with the other "con debut" items that ARENT seasonal.
Its not like any item listed today would be in the hands of customers before the convention, it would just be nice knowing they have a chance of arriving in time.

aura of foreboding