Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura of foreboding

Great news!  Cannot wait for all the Super7 items!

LordMudd

Updated Universal Monsters with SDCC dayglo versions.

CCC.

Palifan

Quote from: LordMudd on August 07, 2018, 09:05:27 PM
Updated Universal Monsters with SDCC dayglo versions.

CCC.

Nice lineup and are all the new dayglo monsters new sculpts?

Ian

LordMudd

Here is a quick custom I just did. I have been wanting a color version of Al for a while so I got an extra to paint.

CCC.

Remco Wolfman

The Monster Buckets (at least some of them) will be at New York Comic Con (and I believe a bit more than just the buckets).

Also to prevent the almost certain and needless weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth the buckets will not be an exclusive to NYCC. They will simply be debuting there and then sold to the general public thereafter.

As to any other items that may be exclusives to NYCC I cannot speak to that. Also, keep your eye on Monsterpalooza this weekend. There may be some Super 7 monster stuff there. Or not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BntlvGNF3zW/?hl=en&taken-by=super7

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on September 14, 2018, 05:22:09 PM
The Monster Buckets (at least some of them) will be at New York Comic Con (and I believe a bit more than just the buckets)...  .

Yeah...  Whatever, whenever.

I no longer put much enthusiasm into promises, prototypes, promotion and pictures in catalogs.

I'll wait to see what actually winds up in the hands of real collectors like the members here.
ADAM

Palifan

The Monster Buckets (at least some of them) will be at New York Comic Con (and I believe a bit more than just the buckets).

Also to prevent the almost certain and needless weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth the buckets will not be an exclusive to NYCC. They will simply be debuting there and then sold to the general public thereafter.

As to any other items that may be exclusives to NYCC I cannot speak to that. Also, keep your eye on Monsterpalooza this weekend. There may be some Super 7 monster stuff there. Or not.

I just noticed that announcement to and I know there will be some very happy members here to hear the buckets will be available for all. Great Garloo for me and can't wait to see what's in store for halloween from them  ;D

Ian

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 14, 2018, 05:33:58 PM
Yeah...  Whatever, whenever.

I no longer put much enthusiasm into promises, prototypes, promotion and pictures in catalogs.

I'll wait to see what actually winds up in the hands of real collectors like the members here.

This is the gnashing of teeth I was referring to. The prototype buckets were on display at toy fair in Feb. I personally held in my hand the unpainted final product at SDCC and spoke with Super 7's owner about them. The one in the social media picture is the final painted version for sale. They're purposely waiting to release until October (because...Halloween).
Initially they will release Frankenstein & Creature. If "real collectors like the members here" buy them then they will produce the rest. Capitalism. There will however undoubtedly be rage associated with the cost, or the time to ship, or that the hue of paint is not Karloff or Strange or Herman Munster or whatever accurate.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on September 14, 2018, 08:09:34 PM
... If "real collectors like the members here" buy them then they will produce the rest. Capitalism. There will however undoubtedly be rage associated with the cost, or the time to ship, or that the hue of paint is not Karloff or Strange or Herman Munster or whatever accurate. 

Un-huh.  That's why crap doesn't sell.

It's the shipping costs, etc.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on September 14, 2018, 08:09:34 PM
This is the gnashing of teeth I was referring to. The prototype buckets were on display at toy fair in Feb. I personally held in my hand the unpainted final product at SDCC and spoke with Super 7's owner about them. The one in the social media picture is the final painted version for sale. They're purposely waiting to release until October (because...Halloween).
Initially they will release Frankenstein & Creature. If "real collectors like the members here" buy them then they will produce the rest. Capitalism. There will however undoubtedly be rage associated with the cost, or the time to ship, or that the hue of paint is not Karloff or Strange or Herman Munster or whatever accurate.

I wish they would have released in September so stores could stock them, but I guess that isn't their strategy, which is okay by me.  It just would have been cool to see them at the discounters.  I will be getting them regardless. 

MadCow

Crap! It figures, the one year I decide not to go. Ugh...

Anton Phibes

The radio silence that is being maintained on their Universal Monsters product is killing me.  I wanna know when they can has me monies. 8) ;)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 15, 2018, 03:51:01 PM
The radio silence that is being maintained on their Universal Monsters product is killing me.  I wanna know when they can has me monies. 8) ;)

But then it wouldn't be a secret.
ADAM