Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 24, 2018, 12:04:36 PM
Not close enough to Halloween, yet?

I actually asked them when the ReAction regular releases would be coming out and they were super coy. Literally gave me no response "uh yeah, don't know".

The buckets they said would be in the fall. I was surprised they didn't have more of the upcoming monster stuff displayed at the Boodega. Only the buckets.

I do know this about Super 7. IF the monsters sell they will be willing to go as far into the monster closet as people are willing to buy. Way further than Funko ever would have. They sell in smaller quantities with less reliance on actual stores (at a bit higher cost) so they are willing to take some gambles because they aren't trying to sell a million units of each figure.

Anton Phibes

Well, I ma in for playsets and things of that nature. Not just for the collectibility of it all either. One day I hope to have grandchildren. I want them to be able to play with monster toys.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 24, 2018, 12:56:27 PM
I actually asked them when the ReAction regular releases would be coming out and they were super coy. Literally gave me no response "uh yeah, don't know".

The buckets they said would be in the fall. I was surprised they didn't have more of the upcoming monster stuff displayed at the Boodega. Only the buckets.

I do know this about Super 7. IF the monsters sell they will be willing to go as far into the monster closet as people are willing to buy. Way further than Funko ever would have. They sell in smaller quantities with less reliance on actual stores (at a bit higher cost) so they are willing to take some gambles because they aren't trying to sell a million units of each figure.

That first part is concerning.  You'd think with a special event like the Boodega, they would have all that information on hand... 

Well, let us hope the monsters sell and sell lots! 

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 24, 2018, 01:59:31 PM
That first part is concerning.  You'd think with a special event like the Boodega, they would have all that information on hand... 

Well, let us hope the monsters sell and sell lots!

Yeah but I figure there is no way on this good earth they would actually produce SDCC exclusives of figures in a very limited quantity (in a paint scheme some might not be keen on) to then not go ahead and produce the regular release figures. They already have all the costs sunk in and the licensing permissions. It would be illogical not to release them. I'm sure they are just looking for a better time to release. If you look at it almost none of the stuff they had at SDCC was actually displayed at Toy Fair so they went all in on surprise stuff to wet the appetite.

That's why I am going to believe anyway...

aura of foreboding

LordMudd

I have ordered my Metaluna Mutant from Super 7 and will have a few days before it arrives. Meanwhile, I got this White Star Orbitron (Outer Space Men) to repaint.

CCC.

LordMudd

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 24, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

I would pay $75 to $100 for a Munsters box set. If they are limiting quantity, that might be the best way to market that. They could also do color and gray scale versions.

CCC.

LordMudd

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 24, 2018, 10:26:00 AM
Yeah, he was cool.  But, to me, he wasn't 15 dollars cool.  See, I'd rather they go deeper into the Big 5 characters' movies.  Less Hunchback and more Van Helsing.  Less Mole People and more Fritz.  We'll see what they do.  Hopefully a play set or two.   ;D

Keep an eye on Readysetz.com. Their kickstarter is supposed to start in a couple of days for their space playset, although it has been postponed twice. Apparently their art director has a medical issue. At any rate, they solicited ideas a while back and I suggested some kind of space set and something like a castle for monsters. They briefly had a dead link up for a Palace playset, probably girl oriented, but they could do a monster castle playset eventually. These things are huge and one piece that opens and unfolds like a book, then folds back up and into it's box for easy storage. Check it out and then imagine what they could do for monsters, and drop them a message of encouragement too.

CCC.

Anton Phibes

Scored the Wolfman Hair wax. Had to pay a little too much to get it. $35 with free ship. But hey, I got it. It would've cost me far more to actually get to San Diego from Ohio, plus the time involved.... so I can live with the inflation. 8)

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 20, 2018, 10:49:39 PM
So, is it flat, or 3 dimensional? And who's Doug?

Doug P'gosh is a painter, illustrator, designer, entrepreneur, and monster kid, as well as the big kahuna at Retro-a-go-go, the company that released the flat metal sign you mention, the two foot tall Vac-Tastic Plastic wall masks (also designed and illustrated by Doug, most after Ben Cooper and Collegeville masks) and he's the fellow who deigned the SDCC Creature mask for Super7 and perhaps others as yet unannounced). Doug is also the fellow who created the unreleased Enesco(?) Creature goblet we discussed some years back.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: LordMudd on July 24, 2018, 10:48:45 PM
I have ordered my Metaluna Mutant from Super 7 and will have a few days before it arrives. Meanwhile, I got this White Star Orbitron (Outer Space Men) to repaint.

Are you familiar with the "Orbitron Diversus" version that was released? It is painted like the Mutant!

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on July 25, 2018, 11:58:26 PM
Doug P'gosh is a painter, illustrator, etc.

Thanks for the info! If they release more masks, they'd better rerelease the Creature!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Remco Wolfman

I thought I'd add a picture of the (empty) Super 7 Monster Soda bottles along with the Frankenstein and Bride World Market soda bottles from a couple years ago. They go together all right.

The World Market bottles are empty because my kids couldn't resist. The Super 7 bottles are empty because I had to chug them as fast as I could before I went through airport security because it's the only way I could get them in my carry on luggage (I couldn't check because I had other items I was not allowed to check and I only had one bag).

And since they haven't made a Wolfman soda yet I added this Werewolf soda to the mix:

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 26, 2018, 09:40:44 AM

The Super 7 bottles are empty because I had to chug them as fast as I could before I went through airport security because it's the only way I could get them in my carry on luggage (I couldn't check because I had other items I was not allowed to check and I only had one bag).

Geez, you must have been bouncing off the walls with all that sugar in your body while sitting in that airplane seat!  ;D

Mike Scott

Great monster bottle collection! Wish I had a Creature one, bit I ain't payin' 50 bucks for one.

Got my Creature Reaction figure, today!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website