Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyFish

Went to the Boodega last night, got there right at 845 and they'd already been letting people in so they were out of the sneakers and pomade.  The Creature Halloween Mask is great, but the box it comes in is even better, shades of Ben Cooper mixed with Retro A Go Go.  3D and only $15.  The Box is as collectible as the mask.

Grabbed the figures which they seemed to have plenty of, but they limited everyone to two sets.  They were very accommodating, if you wanted an unpunched set they'd get it from the back.

Very nice shop.  The Buckets rocked and so did the prints and shirts.  I may go back tonight!

Mike Scott

Quote from: AndyFish on July 21, 2018, 09:41:23 AM
3D and only $15.

And those rat bastards want $75 and $100!

Does anybody know where (link) Super 7 will be selling these online, if anywhere?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

AndyFish

Super7 is very fan friendly, I would imagine they'll have a version of these on their website eventually, so I'd avoid paying scalper prices.

Anton Phibes

I hope Super 7 offer the sodas on the website. I want them, but no one has any sets on ebay, and I ain't going to San Diego for pop.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Remco Wolfman

A few comments:

(1)If I were a betting man I would bet the Creature mask ends up in their website. In other related news they will be making other monster masks of the same type (Wolfman etc.). The box for the mask is awesome.

(2) I would imagine the ReAction figures will hit their website right after SDCC ends. I think they'll have extras.

(3) The Wolfman hair stuff and shoes sold out almost immediately last night.

(4) While it was initially advertised as opening at 9PM they altered the schedule and opened the Boodega at 5 PM.

MrDark1

Man! Some really Cool Classic Monsters collectibles from Super 7. 
Love the Creature Retro Mask-the box art is great!  I hope the cover art means we will get a
Strange Frankenstein version, as well as Wolf Man, and Bride as illustrated.

Never heard of Super 7, at first I thought this was one of those quicky-marts, or a department store even.
They have created some really nice items, I hope they offer those prints on their site, as they are very desirable! 

Mike Scott

Quote from: MrDark1 on July 22, 2018, 03:24:36 AM
Never heard of Super 7, at first I thought this was one of those quicky-marts

I'm going down to the Super 7. You want me to bring you a Slushy?
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 21, 2018, 01:28:51 PM
(4) While it was initially advertised as opening at 9PM they altered the schedule and opened the Boodega at 5 PM.

Oooh.  That must have pissed off some attendees who had their evening all timed out and decided to grab an early supper before showing up at the doors!

ADAM

AndyFish

I was disappointed because my son wanted a can of the Wolfman Pomeade and my wife wanted Wolfman sneakers and both were sold out.  But the people who watched their social media account scored, I was busy at the con.  No worries.  The line of people I waited with at 845 were all in great spirits, same when they shopped.  The store was done up like the inside of a haunted house, all black and gothic and it was an experience that was a lot of fun.

So no hard feelings from any of the 30 or so people I was with.  We were all glad this was a hit.  It means more monsters.

Hopefullygoodgrammar

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 21, 2018, 01:28:51 PM
A few comments:

(1)If I were a betting man I would bet the Creature mask ends up in their website. In other related news they will be making other monster masks of the same type (Wolfman etc.). The box for the mask is awesome.

(2) I would imagine the ReAction figures will hit their website right after SDCC ends. I think they'll have extras.

(3) The Wolfman hair stuff and shoes sold out almost immediately last night.

How do you know that there will be more masks? Am I not understanding this?

LordMudd

The Reaction Monsters are already on Ebay, some at outrageous prices. Trying to grab that quick desperate score before the figures hit the site.

CCC.

aura of foreboding

My question is where will the stuff like the mask and whatnot be on the site?  It doesn't seem to fit into any of the categories they have...  And I wouldn't want to miss them.  :)

geezer butler

Yeah my little bro went there and bought a set of the Super 7 UM. He sent me pictures of other UM stuff. Im pretty jealous. We live in Arizona so i was gonna fly to socal for the weekend, but my wife put the kibosh on those plans. In fairness we're a few weeks away from moving back to the Motor City, so not good timing. Still im sad. :-[

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: Hopefullygoodgrammar on July 22, 2018, 01:00:26 PM
How do you know that there will be more masks? Am I not understanding this?
I spoke with the owner of Super 7. The Frankenstein masks weren't quite ready for the Boodega

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 22, 2018, 07:00:05 PM
My question is where will the stuff like the mask and whatnot be on the site?  It doesn't seem to fit into any of the categories they have...  And I wouldn't want to miss them.  :)
Facebook and Instagram announcements are your best bet. I don't have Facebook or Instagram so I'm no help there.

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 22, 2018, 11:21:08 AM
Oooh.  That must have pissed off some attendees who had their evening all timed out and decided to grab an early supper before showing up at the doors!

They changed the time a week or so ago in all their official advertisements. It did mildly irritate those who booked flights to San Diego just for this event only to see the time change after they booked their non-refundable flight. All in all these people I speak of were still okay with it because they were only an hour late and got everything they wanted except the Wolfman Pomade.