The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 25, 2019, 08:15:11 PM
I include "True Romance", too.
He did write that (as well as "From Dusk Till Dawn").

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on November 25, 2019, 09:25:47 PM
He did write that (as well as "From Dusk Till Dawn").

"Dusk" is in my Robert Rodriquez collection.  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

geezer butler

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Death Wish II (1982) -
Cheesy fun. I love vigilante movies, no matter how bad. The full-frontal rape scene would be a no-no by today's standards. More cheesiness with Jimmy Page's funk/jazz/rock score. Catch that early "gansta" appearance by Lawrence Fishburne.

Mord

Wind River (2016) -
A new FBI agent and an experienced game tracker, team up to solve the murder (rape?) of a young woman at a remote Native American reservation. Great performances by Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen, plus a moody, atmospheric musical score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis, make this a standout film.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on November 26, 2019, 02:59:45 PM
Wind River (2016) -
A new FBI agent and an experienced game tracker, team up to solve the murder (rape?) of a young woman at a remote Native American reservation. Great performances by Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen, plus a moody, atmospheric musical score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis, make this a standout film.

Outstanding film

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, 1987 - Two strangers try to make it home for Thanksgiving together.

Steve Martin and John Candy.

Fun story with inspired casting.  Too bad they never worked together again.

John Candy left us too young -  so did John Hughes.

ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 27, 2019, 11:49:13 AM
Planes, Trains and Automobiles, 1987 - Two strangers try to make it home for Thanksgiving together.

Steve Martin and John Candy.

Fun story with inspired casting.  Too bad they never worked together again.

John Candy left us too young -  so did John Hughes.

Great Thanksgiving comedy. I used to show this to my high schoolers as a reward before the Thanksgiving break. Most kids hadn't seen it, but they all loved it.

marsattacks666

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 27, 2019, 01:34:12 PM
Uncle Buck-1989
Only the Lonely-1991
Wow, between you and Adam, it's John Candy appreciation day. What a great talent he was. I really miss the big lug.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on November 27, 2019, 01:37:42 PM
Wow, between you and Adam, it's John Candy appreciation day. What a great talent he was. I really miss the big lug.

John Candy was and is may favorite Comedians. Especially from his SCTV, days.

Orange Whip?  Orange whip?

marsattacks666

Mord

The Good Boys (2019) -

Outrageous coming-of-age comedy. Warm, funny, original from beginning to end. Adam, this one's for you. Do yourself a favor and check it out. It's this generation's "Stand by Me".