Missing TOMLAND PHANTOM of the Opera Discovered!!!!!!

Started by mjaycox, March 24, 2008, 08:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjaycox

Yikes! They are now up to 260 pounds! Good Lord...

Sigh... $500 bucks for what are essentially a pair of Monster Smurfs.

Beast witches,

Matt Jaycox
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

raycastile

I don't know who "frankenkid" is, but he got them.  My high bid was $500, which was at least $250 more than I thought they were really worth.  They are not in the same league as the 8-inch figures.
Raymond Castile

poseablemonster

gracebuster

Roback

Didn't Bryans name come up in a previous thread? He's the guy with the huge collection who is kinda private right or am I thinking of somebody else?
Robert Acquarulo

poseablemonster

Quote from: Roback on March 27, 2008, 12:25:05 PM
Didn't Bryans name come up in a previous thread? He's the guy with the huge collection who is kinda private right or am I thinking of somebody else?
Yes, his name came up the last time we were discussing rare Tomland figures.  He has the only carded "second series" Tomland Monster that I know of. 

gracebuster

Okay, you've all seen Oceans 11 or 12.
Now we know the mark.

We can do this.

It's just gonna take some planning and plastic surgery for me to go from Character actor to leading man...Ray, start learning how to hide in a suitcase!

We're bustin those Tomland Monsters ot the mainland!

gracebuster

Wait a sec, someone might think I'm serious...Ray, get out of that suitcase!

Bryan bought my Frankenstein Speaker so many years ago.
He certainly has a great collection.

poseablemonster

Yes, he really does have an incredible collection.  He's been hardcore about monster toy collecting for many years.  Bryan is the kind of collector that puts his collecting alongside the basic needs for life, like food, clothing, shelter, etc.  In fact, he will go hungry for that special piece if he has to.  He's way more into it than most people that I know.

raycastile

How did I get suitcase detail?

Quote from: gracebuster on March 27, 2008, 04:07:22 PM
Okay, you've all seen Oceans 11 or 12.
Now we know the mark.

We can do this.

It's just gonna take some planning and plastic surgery for me to go from Character actor to leading man...Ray, start learning how to hide in a suitcase!

We're bustin those Tomland Monsters ot the mainland!
Raymond Castile

Nicole

"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

gort

This is my first post here but it was another Tomland thread that brought me here in the first place so I guess this is an appropriate place to say hello.

I've followed Tomland figures for years, although until recently mainly the 3 3/4" variety. There are a few of the 3 3/4" figures that exist that appear to be from series they do not feature on the cardbacks of, so that isn't always a 100% guide.

Oh, and hello.

Toy Ranch

I was talking to a collector the other day who told me he has a Tomland Monster coloring book.  He said it says Tomland on it and that it has panels of Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Dracula, Mummy, and Phantom of the Opera.  That would give hope that an 8" Phantom from Tomland does exist.

raycastile

I'd have to see this book to believe it's not the familiar Mark Savee coloring book.
Raymond Castile