Check Out These Monster Toy Photo's

Started by Monolith, June 14, 2012, 03:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monolith

Some of my toys were begging to be photographed, so I thought you might like to look at them.

This first photo is a 1963 blue Marx Hunchback.

This is a 1963 blue Marx Frankenstein.

This is a 1963 blue Marx Creature. For this photo I manipulated the contrast and the colors.

This is one of my favorites. This is the same blue Creature. I manipulated the background, contrast, and color.

This is a manipulated 1963 blue Marx Wolf Man.

Here is my 1963 blue Marx Phantom. I manipulated the contrast and colors.

Here's another favorite. Its a manipulated photo of my 1963 blue Marx Mummy. I can feel his curse!

And this is a close-up I took of a '60's Creature coppersmith plaque. I played with the colors a little bit.

This is the backside of the Creature coppersmith plaque. The copper is very shiny so I reflected some color off it.

This is a close-up of the Frankenstein coppersmith plaque. I manipulated the contrast and colors on this photo.

And here's a close-up of the Dracula coppersmith plaque. I manipulated the contrast and colors.

And this is a photo I took of a life-sized Grim Reaper statue I saw at a flea market. I just thought you might like it.
Let me know what you think. I Hope you liked 'em.

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

seymour

Illoman

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

Those photos show a really unique, almost psychedelic style. I really dig 'em! There's a very personal artistic vibe about them. The Creature below the foilage is pretty stunning. I'm also a fan of Raymond Castile's warm, nostalgic style, but this is totally different and just as interesting (in my opinion). The blue Marx Wolf Man with the red background just explodes! I love the Coppersmith Dracula too.

ChrisW

Like 'em. New visually interesting and exciting take on a familiar subject.

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on June 14, 2012, 03:47:30 PM
Some of my toys were begging to be photographed, so I thought you might like to look at them.

This is a 1963 blue Marx Creature. For this photo I manipulated the contrast and the colors.

Wow! Incredible! What did you manipulate though, your camera's settings of Photoshop?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

AHI Creature

Incredibly cool photos.  Thanks for taking the time to shoot and share them, very unique and cool look to those.    Makes me want to do a photo sesh of some of my stuff...

Monolith

Wow! Thanks for all the great comments, everybody.

Hepcat--- I've never actually used photoshop, I'm not really that computer savvy. With that Creature photo I just took a photo of a blue Marx Creature
in front of this big plant that I have in my front window from a low angle. I actually just held the Creature in one hand and the digital camera in the other
and snapped a few pics of him with the  sunlight coming through. Then I imported the photo to photobucket and they have some new editing stuff where
I increased the contrast so that made it look a little grainy and eliminated a little of the gray tones, then I increased the intensity of the colors, and that's it.

I'm glad everybody liked 'em, I have fun doing them and will do some more, eventually. I'm always taking toy photo's when I have time. Here's one more
I took of the blue Marx Creature.

Earth 2 Chris

Those are amazing, especially considering you didn't use photoshop. You really brought out the detailed of the sculpting, and evoked a great mood with each pic. NICE!

Chris

Gasport

Where's the Like button on this thread??? THERE IT IS!  LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!!

missdead13

" Your future is in an oblong box "

Dr. Madd

All of these rule, but I'm partial, as always to anything Frankensteiny.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.