Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here are a few pictures of my Outer Limits cards:

These are from a bubble gum card set issued in 1964 by Bubbles Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Topps Chewing Gum Company.

tynhrt
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on February 25, 2017, 07:01:20 PM
Topps issued this wonderful 88 card Space Card set in 1957:

It was rereleased perhaps a few years later under the new name of Target: Moon to capitalize on the space race.

Half the set was reissued under the Target: Moon title in Topps Fun Packs in 1967-68 but with backs variously termed pink or salmon. These are quite difficult to find.

But a fellow poster very generously just sent me these two splendid pink backed Target: Moon cards for free!

So I'm therefore adding Target: Moon pink backs to the sets at which I'm pecking away!

An interesting detail is that 44 of the 88 Space Cards and blue-backed Target: Moon cards were double printed on the 132 card sheet from which they were cut. This meant that the 44 cards that were only single printed were/are comparatively tougher to find. Well the 44 single printed cards are the ones comprising the pink backed Target: Moon set!

;D

Hepcat

L.M. Becker in the mid-1960's released Spooky Surprise grab bags in an eye catching display box. Here's one from the collection of Todd Riley:

Each grab bag contained a sweet treat, a trading card plus a couple of plastic figures. Here are some examples of contents from horrorhunter's collection:

But the monsterrific Becker Spooky Surprise figures can be seen to be simplified knock-offs of the MPC Weird Monsters:

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the MPC Creature of Doom Pop-Top, MPC Weird Monster and Becker Spooky Surprise figures courtesy of horrorhunter:

The only question is whether MPC itself manufactured reduced versions of its Weird Monsters to be used as vending machine premiums and then sold some to Becker which used them in the Spooky Surprise bags, or whether Becker simply ripped off the design.

???

Plastic Nebula

Man, that Weird Monsters card art is truly spectacular!!
I think everyone was probably ripping each  other off pretty regularly. Bootlegs are still happening today.

Hepcat

Quote from: Plastic Nebula on January 07, 2023, 11:23:48 PMMan, that Weird Monsters card art is truly spectacular!!

I like the Pop-Top Horrors artwork as well:

But best of all were the actual Pop-Top sculpts. They were over-the-top wild cool!

8)

LFSPaul

Not really toys, but two of my favorite collectibles other than my Creature Collection.

I call them Evolution, T-70 to T-800.

Plastic Nebula

Quote from: LFSPaul on January 08, 2023, 08:16:54 PM
Not really toys, but two of my favorite collectibles other than my Creature Collection.

Those are amazing!!! Did you fabricate them?

Hepcat

Quote from: LFSPaul on January 08, 2023, 08:16:54 PM

Unfortunately that Facebook link of yours is not destined to last very long.

:(

Hepcat

Here are scans of five more of my Vampirella magazines:

:)

AerisAntiques

This is my first time posting here, so I'm excited for show and tell!  :D

Anyway, the gem of my monster merch collection is a 1976 "Monster Squad" GLJ Toys Frankenstein bop bag. Because the "Monster Squad" television show ran for only one season in 1976 and the merchandise for it was therefore produced in limited quantities, and because these bags are usually subjected to much wear and tear over the years, it is VERY possible that I own the last one in existence.  :o I've never been able to find anyone else who owns or sells these online. It still holds air and looks almost brand new! I'm potentially about to move away to study for my PhD in History, and I'm considering parting with a few pieces from my collection - including the sizable bop bag - in order to downsize.  :-[ I'll miss this beauty! Anyone seen one of these before?
Aeris Carter

- Historian, Horror Fan, and Antique Collector -

Mike Scott

Welcome to the UMA, AerisAntiques!  :)

Cool collectable bop!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

AerisAntiques

Thank you! I am having so much fun looking at everyone's collections!
Aeris Carter

- Historian, Horror Fan, and Antique Collector -

Mike Scott

Quote from: AerisAntiques on January 19, 2023, 02:36:10 AM
Thank you! I am having so much fun looking at everyone's collections!

They're all over the place, but most are concentrated in this thread.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=106.0
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Here are some shots of my 1967 Topps Terror Tales cards:

The front features images with a sickly greenish tinge from American International Productions releases while the backs are done up in a fine deep pink colour which contrasts splendidly with the fronts.  It's a very tough set to complete though.

cl:)

Hepcat

Toy manufacturers often managed to licence both the Addams Family and Munsters for offerings despite the fact that the two shows ran on competing TV networks. Here are two model kits Aurora released in 1964-65:

Meanwhile Roalex released these two rad cool slide puzzles in 1964:

Take your choice!

8)