Halloween Traditions

Started by Barlow, October 04, 2023, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Masked Man

I had a couple of bottles that where not packed up along with a couple of my glasses in the back ground...

Barlow

Mike...In 3-D!

When we get our first day of weather that really feels like fall, I make it a point to head to the stereo and play Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus. It's my kick-off song. We'll decorate the yard with fun decorations, but on Oct. 30th those come down and I put up the (mostly) homemade graveyard scene of tombstones and worn picket fencing. At some point on Halloween week, the wife and I will each pick a movie to watch while carving our jack o' lanterns.

Other than that, things are kind of fluid. I'll spend October revisiting favorite horror movies or movies I want to reassess. Usually I'm watching movies that are new to me throughout the year.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

TheMadScientist

I went to The Edge of Hell, one of the big haunted houses in Kansas City, this past weekend. My first time there since I was in high school. It was fun, but I don't know if it was worth the crazy ticket prices I paid, especially since we got passes to skip the line. There were cool sets inside, but ultimately a good chunk of it was just winding our way through pitch black rooms and corridors.

So I probably have my fill of haunted houses for awhile. I always think they'll be fun once fall approaches and I'm getting into the Halloween spirit, but then I get there and remember I'm not a huge fan of people jumping in my face and scaring me lol. Sometimes I enjoy the creativity that goes into making the rooms though. I'd love to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal one of these years, so perhaps that'll be something to do once they finish Epic Universe.

Barlow

Luckily, here in the Chicago suburbs, we've had nice Halloween weather most of the month so far - dark, cloudy, rainy.

Hepcat

Quote from: TheMadScientist on October 17, 2023, 07:47:08 PMI went to The Edge of Hell, one of the big haunted houses in Kansas City, this past weekend.

Have you ever gotten together with Bigbud?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

kristinms8

Quote from: The Masked Man on October 06, 2023, 04:34:43 PM
Cool...you have a much larger collection of bottles than I do.., I have more glasses.., I have had those since I was a kid...

I'll have to see what I can do.

We recently moved and we still have a lot of stuff packed up and in storage...

a lot of my collectibles are stored away right now.

Is there a way to post photos directly from your phone?
If you are using the Tapatalk app you can upload your pics directly from your phone.  Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Scott

Quote from: The Masked Man on October 06, 2023, 04:34:43 PM
Is there a way to post photos directly from your phone?

You need to get your own photo host and link from there.  Any place you can upload photos to that will let you link to them.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: kristinms8 on October 23, 2023, 12:17:09 AMIf you are using the Tapatalk app you can upload your pics directly from your phone.  Hope that helps!

Interesting! I see that some(all?) of your pictures are hot-linked to Tapatalk. That implies that Tapatalk functions also as a picture host and unlike some others, e.g. Facebook, Google, doesn't sever links within days.

:-\

kristinms8

Quote from: Hepcat on October 25, 2023, 11:11:13 AM
Interesting! I see that some(all?) of your pictures are hot-linked to Tapatalk. That implies that Tapatalk functions also as a picture host and unlike some others, e.g. Facebook, Google, doesn't sever links within days.

:-\
It's fast & easy to upload pics from Tapatalk.  I have been using it for about 7 years with Halloween Forum, but recently that group moved to Fora (which I'm not a fan of).  I already paid for the lifetime membership on Tapatalk awhile ago so I don't have a limit on the number of photos and posts so I was happy to find out UMA uses it as well.

Wolfman

Before I start decorating, usually early September, I ALWAYS play the Monster Mash song. It's Halloween's version of the National Anthem as far as I'm concerned. I also make sure to stand at proper attention. 😂😂😂

JP

Barlow

Monster Mash is definitely the nation anthem of Halloween! Classic!

Hepcat

For several years we were making up gender specific Halloween treat bags by adding plastic dinosaurs to the boys' bags and plastic unicorns or winged horses to the girls' bags.

Boys' Treat Bags 2014

Girls' Treat Bags 2014

Boys' Treat Bags 2015

Girls' Treat Bags 2015

We were able to purchase bags of the dinosaurs and other Halloween themed figures cheaply at Target.

tynhrt

kristinms8

Quote from: Hepcat on October 30, 2023, 04:09:41 PM
For several years we were making up gender specific Halloween treat bags by adding plastic dinosaurs to the boys' bags and plastic unicorns or winged horses to the girls' bags.

Boys' Treat Bags 2014

Girls' Treat Bags 2014

Boys' Treat Bags 2015

Girls' Treat Bags 2015

We were able to purchase bags of the dinosaurs and other Halloween themed figures cheaply at Target.

tynhrt
Those are awesome treat bags!  🍬🍭 Bet your house was the best in the neighborhood with all those toys & treats!  Also, you have and adorable mini-panther! 🐈‍⬛🐾

Hepcat

That's Scout. That was her first Halloween in 2015. After the sad demise of Styx and Deuce early in the year, that left only old Ace among our mini-panthers and he was too far advanced in years to continue with full Halloween duties. He was however well capable of giving a crash course in the duties of the season to a young protégé so we adopted little Scout in May:

Ace took her under his wing immediately:

He even took her to the track with him:

He trained her well and by Halloween she was fully versed in her duties for the eve. Ensuring that the treat bags were in order:

And then terrorizing the neighbourhood later in the eve:

tynhrt