NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterBaker666

I think the Bride Of Frankenstein Karloff monster & chair is a NECA Store exclusive, so to me it sounds like they don't think it will sell enough to have them in retail stores.  So if a Karloff Frankenstein monster won't sell enough in retail, I doubt we'd see some of the lesser known figures being produced. 

MadCow

NECA is having a Monster Mayhem event during May.

Anton Phibes

Hmmnn....why are 2/3 listed as NECA Store Exclusives, I wonder?

Palifan

MadCow

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 29, 2024, 02:01:31 PMHmmnn....why are 2/3 listed as NECA Store Exclusives, I wonder?

My guess is the NECA Store dates are immediate release or pre-orders and the others are either store exclusives or previews for later releases.

MrDark1

Not sure if Neca is releasing their Uni license.
They will need product to fill their announced shelf space for Walmart Horror collectors spots.

It will probably include all the figures in their May Horror site, and ones they announced during Walmart Live event.
Hannibal being a new figure for Walmart's June Horror spots, and Neca said the Ben Cooper Kids figures will be available then too.

Hoping Bride Monster/chair will be made available also, as it is suppose to have a wider release in June.  I think Neca May release more Uni Monsters to fill the Walmart shelves.
Son of Monster, Ardeth Bey, and perhaps more figs from the separate estates of Chaney, Strange, and Hull.

A Phibes, your list is a Nightmare, er uh, dream come true, hope Neca draws inspiration from it!

Anton Phibes

That's Mr. Pertwee's list, I just quoted him. I would want them all too. Not ordering them off the internet though. The boxes will arrive mangled. Esp. the wretched hang tags made of toilet tissue. :angel: 

Anton Phibes

If mom and pops got these first to keep NECA's doors open during "shoplift-o-rama 2022-2024", but then don't get any of this new stuff forthcoming: it will leave a bad taste in a lot of indy retailer's mouths. Just sayin'.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on April 29, 2024, 07:26:46 AMI think the Bride Of Frankenstein Karloff monster & chair is a NECA Store exclusive

It's not, just "first to market" via their store, unless something has changed.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

TheMadScientist

Hoping one the of figures in the Monster Mayhem is the TMNT Dracula (probably Shredder). It's the last one of the main monsters yet to be released.

Lazarus

Quote from: TheMadScientist on April 29, 2024, 10:38:19 PMHoping one the of figures in the Monster Mayhem is the TMNT Dracula (probably Shredder). It's the last one of the main monsters yet to be released.

He has been a glaring omission.  Especially with Splinter as Van Helsing releasing so early on.