Your dream room, what is it?

Started by Bonomo, April 18, 2011, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonomo

Ok you've got one room in your house, money is no object, you can design it and fill it however you please, what would you do with it?
Mine would be a big library/study filled with antique books and comfortable leather furniture near a giant fireplace.
Go.

nemesis1

If money were no object we would be living in a penthouse atop some sky scrapper somewhere hopefully where the weather is cold (I love the wet) and we would have our cats first and foremost plus we would like to open a huge shelter for abandoned or injured animals.

Scatter

My room would be a period authentic 60s-70s room filled with furniture and bric-a-brac from the era.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Ormsby

Dream room?  That would a TARDIS white control room from the 1970s Tom Baker era.  As cool as the wood panel auxiliary control room was, I really dig the old style main control room.
Ormsby
Ormsby's Cinema Insane
http://www.cinemainsane.com

neonnoodle

Especially if it comes with its own Sarah Jane Smith.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

FACTO2

My dream room involves Dalla Cowboy Cheerleaders.  That's all I'm going to say.   8)
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

CreepysFan

Quote from: Scatter on April 18, 2011, 10:22:50 PM
My room would be a period authentic 60s-70s room filled with furniture and bric-a-brac from the era.

YOU READ MY MIND BROTHER.  Complete with selves of period pieces, hip furniture, hanging beads for a door, posters, and all kinds of mean ugly groovy things.  Since all my collections already revolve around this era, they would fit the room nicely.

Wonder if I can sell Karen on doing our whole house with that theme.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

monsterphile

Quote from: CreepysFan on April 19, 2011, 01:50:45 AM

YOU READ MY MIND BROTHER.  Complete with selves of period pieces, hip furniture, hanging beads for a door, posters, and all kinds of mean ugly groovy things.  Since all my collections already revolve around this era, they would fit the room nicely.

Wonder if I can sell Karen on doing our whole house with that theme.

Well, if you just sell Karen, you can do whatever you want. ;D

Rob

monsterphile

My dream room would be an extremely large room that looks older like it's part museum, part library, but has an area for TV/movie viewing.    There would be plenty of display cases and the walls would be filled with great displayed items and memorabilia.  Of course, it would have to havae a secret passageway to lead to other great rooms.  Some interactive "haunted" stuff would be nice too.  I wish Extreme Makeover" would stop by my house and bring some of Disney's Haunted Mansion imagineers with them...

Rob. 

Street Worm

Mine would be in a Eichler home designed by A. Quincy Jones~

Pauspy

Mine would be the top room of a turret on the side of the house. Large green leather wing-back chair, bookshelves, fireplace, and at least one secret panel that leads to my hidden basement laboratory!!
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

charp13

monsterphile- You and me both!!  A Haunted Mansion House would be a dream house for me!  :)   If Icould only do one room, it would be a replica of the Universal Monster Cafe with all the booths in different monster themes and display cases everywhere!

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Hepcat

It would be a big one. Along one wall would be several Gottlieb pinball machines from the seventies and a soda pop vending machine from the sixties. Positioned somewhere to maximize acoustics would be a turntable anchoring a state of the art sound system. Two steps down from the area with the pinball machines would be an area with a large picture window overlooking a ravine filled with sugar maple. red oak, white oak, elm and beech trees. Along the walls of this area would be enough space for around a dozen bookcases for all my books as well as wall cabinets for all my collectibles. In the middle of it all would be several Laz-Y-Boys, bean bag chairs and a comfortable L-shaped couch.

I'd have another room big enough for a slot car track and yet another billiard room with a snooker table. I'd have a several acre lot large enough for a garden railroad. That would be paradise!

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Flower

I have many dreams .. one room would be in a house somewhere in a coastal area near a swamp or marsh with a stream or creek running through the property .. I can look out and see my raft and canoe .. there is a very cool tree house nestled in one of the trees, complete with a hammock and other comforts ... I can see my flower and vegetable garden, the melons growing on long vines .. squirrels, birds, skunks, possums, foxes and other wildlife visit in peace.

The room is comfortable ... a woodburning fireplace ... comfy couches and chairs ... artwork on the walls ... a large curio that holds my crystal and other collections ... a first class stereo system ... a flat screen television where I can watch movies of all sorts on cold rainy days. Multiple scratching posts for the cats.

A place to relax, read, have conversations, be at peace with the world.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer