Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 08, 2007, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Creeper

That is too cool!  I really like the Creature!
Long live the UMA!

AHI Creature

Ok, unless anyone gives me a good reason, in the next hour, not to open this creature out of his plastic bag prison, I am going to open him up and let his breathe for the first time since 1991! 

raycastile

Quote from: AHI Creature on October 23, 2009, 03:10:37 PM
Ok, unless anyone gives me a good reason, in the next hour, not to open this creature out of his plastic bag prison, I am going to open him up and let his breathe for the first time since 1991! 

To make sure he can breathe, you better place him in a full bathtub.  He needs a good dose of H2O.
Raymond Castile

AHI Creature

That does it.  The Creature is out.  Can you believe the same genius that gave him a 33% sized head, made his feet where he can't stand without 3 pennies taped to his heels?

In any case he's out and here to stay.  (I am leaving the tag on though.)

GAKENSTEIN

Looks like the big wet lug is bragging, "I caught a fisherman THIS BIG!!"

Liar.
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

Jim Bertges

And henceforth this will be known as the "three penny" Creature.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Bogey

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: AHI Creature on October 23, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
That does it.  The Creature is out.  Can you believe the same genius that gave him a 33% sized head, made his feet where he can't stand without 3 pennies taped to his heels?

I think the vinyl is warped. It's been a LONG time, but I remember having to hit mine w a hairdryer for a while and the bend him some to get him to stand, but eventually it did. You can even run hot water over it to get the vinyl flexible and then cols when it's positioned the way you want it posed, as there's little risk of any paint loss.

Great you took ole Gil outta the bag. As goofy as the sculpt is, it's still an impressive toy and one of the largest Creature figures around. Until the Amok Time Monsterz gets here to kick it's ass that is!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

chrisnurse

Man, I dig that bird brained creech. Very cool, I like the fact that his head is too small, gives him a nice knock off charm.
You can't kill the Boogeyman

Toy Ranch

No photo, and not a big deal, but I wanted to see The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra and have missed a couple of screenings at festivals/cons, but yesterday I walked into the GameStop video game store with my son and they had a bin of a few leftover DVD's they were selling at 75% off.  The DVD of Lost Skeleton of Cadavra was in there with a $6.99 tag on it, so I picked it up for $1.75.  Funny movie, I really enjoyed it!

Monster Bob

Speaking of obscure movies, I just picked up a copy of Monogram cheapie VOODOO MAN (1944) with Bela Lugosi and George Zucco. I don't know how this one flew under my radar for so long, but it is a winner. John Carradine plays a voodoo drum-beating henchman/nit wit, and is also great. Lugosi as Dr. Marlowe kidnaps and voodooizes young girls in the hopes of reviving his dead wife. He and Zucco wear Zombo-like robes covered in mystic symbols, carrying out voodoo rituals down in the dungeon. The film reminds me of another Lugosi / Monogram favorite of mine, THE CORPSE VANISHES.

jimm

These mount on the inside rear view mirror of your car 1962 anyone know of these?
Odd yet pretty cool

packy120353

I vaguely remember those but they were looooong forgotten! VERY cool. Kibitzing is used in Bridge I think which was super popular in the early 60s. Thanks for showing them.

dlhenderson

When I was a kid, I used to visit downtown Atlanta 'cause my Dad worked on Peachtree Street (he was a watchmaker). This was the early to late 60's. I'd catch a movie, have lunch with Pop, and peruse the shops. My first stops were the three or four bookshops with big selections of magazines. This would have been where I first nailed issues of FM and CoF, etc. Anyway there was a shop called The Trick Novelty Shop. A tiny place crammed to the rafters with weird items. I bought one of those Kibitzer things there. it attached to a lamp, or whatever. Kind of a little rubbery gremlin. The guy that ran the store was scary as hell. He always chomped on a cigar and if anybody got outta line, dropped something, or horsed around too much he'd throw 'em out, growling through clinched teeth.